Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mountain lions on the loose! >

mountain lions on the loose!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mountain lions on the loose!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default mountain lions on the loose!

Where I hunt in northern MN. cougers have been around forever but not in abondance,well the DNR just decided to release 6 newSETS of cougers into the county due to an aboundance of deer.I went up to the cabin this weekend for our anual family reunion and talked to a farmer up the road briefly and found out he has at least one couger in his yard 2-3 times a week in broad daylight.
Any of you have experience with hunting around these guys,and how do you think it will affect the deer?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mountain lions on the loose!

to be honest never saw one here in Wisconsin and don't think i ever will but i don't really think it will affect it to much as yotes and wolfs would...just another predator IMO
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Ive been hearing there has been alot of sightings this year in my area. A friend just seen one in the Fertile Mn area sitting in a bean field watching traffic go by.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

well the DNR just decided to release 6 newSETS of cougers into the county due to an aboundance of deer.
I am sure there are a few cougars in MN - hey its proven a few wild ones are in IA -but are you sure the MN DNR did that? I mean, they released them w/ the public's knowledge?

Dont take my questioning personally - I just have never heard of it happening before.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is estimated that acougar kills adeer a week, so there should be some effect on the deer population.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

well the DNR just decided to release 6 newSETS of cougers into the county due to an aboundance of deer.
I am sure there are a few cougars in MN - hey its proven a few wild ones are in IA -but are you sure the MN DNR did that? I mean, they released them w/ the public's knowledge?

Dont take my questioning personally - I just have never heard of it happening before.
Yes they released them with the publics knowledge.They have been around this area forever,my grandpa used to tell me stories about them.The owners of the resort up the road have seen them there once or twice a month before the release.
These are 9 foot cats not some bobcat,francly it`s a little spooky.I find myself looking up alot more when in the woods.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Before someone says it I`m sure the 9 foot includes the tail
Old 09-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

carry ur .357 at all timessss
Old 09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

As another post posed the question-I can`t carry a gun in MN. while bowhunting,my 5 inch Western blade will have to do in case I get bear hugged by a big cat......or is it cat hugged??

Quick Reply: mountain lions on the loose!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.