Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mountain lions on the loose! >

mountain lions on the loose!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mountain lions on the loose!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Default RE: mountain lions on the loose!

We have lots of them here in Eastern Washington...but I have never seen one...I have seen a couple of the deer they have killed. I think the coyotes are a greater threat to the deer however.

C
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cloudster

We have lots of them here in Eastern Washington...but I have never seen one...I have seen a couple of the deer they have killed. I think the coyotes are a greater threat to the deer however.

C
They are all over Southern California, but as most know, due to the anti's in California we can't kill them, even if it is self defense, you had better be able to prove it...here, they are becoming more and more brazen, population is growing, and now some hikers and joggers are becoming targets...
I would have to agree, I think here Coyotes are still more of a threat to deer....but even coyotes here are becoming more of a threat to humans, they too are also becoming more brazen as their attacks are on the increase here, but we can do something about them.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 AM

MAN LAW
Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck and I would be armed with pistol and a big knife, we all hear of those big cats atacking every now and then, I would not be to comfortable in the woods, especially nowing that next year your going to have over 100 little kittens and then the next year....?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

I am not sure about what states allow it but I would be toting the S&W 357. I'd have to just take my chances.
Chris
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

One was sighted here (within 2 miles) in January 2004. Last fall I got this picture of a track here on my property. It measured 4 1/2" in diameter. The lack of claw marks indicates that the animal has retractable claws and therefore not of the canine family. Then this spring while brush hogging on the back of the property, I saw either the largest tom cat in existence or a young puma.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

Yes they released them with the publics knowledge.
Funny how a quick search thru the MN DNR website turned up nothing to confirm such a stocking release.

A local in the area I hunt in Southern IL told me about the latest bigfoot sighting in the area...that bigfoot was seen riding a log down the flooded Big Muddy River...and he seriously believed it to be true. Somehow, I am not too worried.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

Funny how a quick search thru the MN DNR website turned up nothing to confirm such a stocking release.

A local in the area I hunt in Southern IL told me about the latest bigfoot sighting in the area...that bigfoot was seen riding a log down the flooded Big Muddy River...and he seriously believed it to be true. Somehow, I am not too worried.
funny how i`m not concerned weather or not your google search came up empty,I have a phone # or two of the local officials(who I know personaly)and alot of sightings,that`s proof enough for me.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

funny how i`m not concerned weather or not your google search came up empty,I have a phone # or two of the local officials(who I know personaly)and alot of sightings,that`s proof enough for me.
I'd like them, please.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Yeah not calling you a liar or anything but it seems like the release of mountain lions would also carry with it a big media presence. The DNR sends out many news releases covering anything and everything and this would certainly be one of them. I believe you on the sightings, but maybe you were privy to information that the rest of us Minnesotans weren't especially if you know local officials personally?

Quick Reply: mountain lions on the loose!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.