Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 card for trail cam >

card for trail cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

card for trail cam

Old 08-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default card for trail cam

Aright guys i need some of your help again, i have a SanDisk Extreme 2 and 3 card for my cuddeback trail camera and somehow i cant get the pictures onto my computer, i have a digital concepts 51 in 1 card reader and writer but somehow its not reading my cards, I have a Windows Vista so i dont know if thats the problem or not... What kind of card readers do you guys have and does anyone have Windows vista??
Old 08-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: card for trail cam

When you plug in the reader the computer should recognize it. If not go to my computer and click on the drive that you have it plugged into.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

That card reader should be plug and play, but if for some reason it doesn't seem to be working (could be a plug and play drive issue within Vista), you could do it a round about way if you have a digital camera that accepts SD cards. Just take the SD card out, put it in the camera, then connect the camera to the PC with your usb cable. This is sort of a bandaid fix, however, because that card reader should work.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did some quick research, and it appears you are not alone on this issue. It seems this reader doesn't come with high recommendations from those who purchased it. Several people have reported SD read errors like yourself. Read them here:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ab=custRatings

I personally like card readers manufactured by prominent flash memory manufacturers (Lexar, SanDisk, Transcend, etc). Check Newegg out, as they have plenty of card readers in stock, with user ratings for each. Newegg is a great company to order from as well. There's a company on there called rosewill that makes a 51-1 card reader if you still really want that ability (not sure why, though). Here's that model:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820223074

Here's the rest of Newegg's card readers:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...=69&page=1