Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Trail cam SD card format and reading abilities >

Trail cam SD card format and reading abilities

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail cam SD card format and reading abilities

Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 PM

Default Trail cam SD card format and reading abilities

Ok, first off i'm new to the group, quick intro: 29yr old N.E. Pa. hunter, specializing in archery and spring gobbler hunting..hahaha.
Ok so my dilemma is, I just bought a Moultrie I40 and I'm looking for a way to view the pics in the field...now I know they make a viewer that has to beplugged in to work..but Iwant to view and transfer or store the pics as I go, Isee Cuddeback makes a card reading viewer(that I really like!), Does anyone know if it reads the cards that are formatted by the Moultrie I40?? I know my Kodak z812is (camera)wont read them, nor will my PALM tungsten e2(PDA) do to formatting differences i'm guessing so i'm wondering how i can view them in the fieldwhen swapping cards or relocating the camera..any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:30 PM

Default RE: Trail cam SD card format and reading abilities

Welcome to the forum fellow NEPA hunter... First question.. why do you want to view the pics in the field? What I do is just carry a spare sd card and swap them. Then go home and put them on the computer... For the cost of the viewer I would rather buy another cheapie camera.

And where in NEPA are you?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM

Yeah..Have you ever view'd your cards @ home in early rut and "thought,,gee not much good buck activity?" I wish I had moved my cmaera?? I have so this is why I want to view/trash/store on the go, for convienence..I own 4 SD cards that I can swap...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Oh...and I'm in Bradford Co....
Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just use my digital camera to view mine in the field.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:24 AM

Moultrie makes one that is cheaper. a bunch on ebay for about39 buy it now. Dont know if they will connect to your camera, im pretty sure it would being your camera is a moultrie. Here is one on bid. http://cgi.ebay.com/MOULTRIE-DIGITAL-GAME-CAMERA-PICTURE-VIEWER-NEW_W0QQitemZ350041005661QQihZ022QQcategoryZ52505Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 AM

Thanks, I sent an email to moultrie regarding this and asking if there viewer can be used via plug and play w/ the SD cards,,,because in the description it says it plugs into the camera to view your pics and have 4 memory card "holders"..not sure if they are actual slots to plug memory cards into from that less than detailed description...They have yet to reply though...thanks for the link and the input.
tknapp
Old 03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought a Creative Zen.
It is an MP3 player that has a SD card slot.
On my afternoon hunts I can swap cards out of my camera, look at the pictures and listen to music while on stand.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:16 AM

thanks to all that have posted in regards to my question about this topic, I tried viewing my pictures from my memory card again,,on my Palm tungsten E2 agian and it worked...so jnow I have a portable viewer of my own without having to buy another device..again thanks to all..Oh and I had two coyotes on the last set of pics too!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have one of the Moultrie viewers and it just has a storage for extra SD cards.You can only view the cards when they are inyour camera.I have three SD cards so I just go to my camera,view the pics,then swap the card out till I get home and then put them on my computer.
I know you fixed your problem,I just thought I'd add that just incase anybody else was wondering.
James

Quick Reply: Trail cam SD card format and reading abilities

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.