Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How's my form

Old 08-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default How's my form

I don't have near the experience as you folks..I'm open to criticism and want to know how my form is..
NOTE there is no end on the arrow .I unscrewed it while my wife photographedThe string is on my nose..is this ok?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How's my form

From that angle it looks good to me.

Now go get one for Team 46, LOL
Old 08-31-2008, 12:18 PM

Stand in that spot, and look straight at that fence with your shoulders parallel to it. then turn your head and draw your bow. At full draw, both your shoulders should be in line with the arrow, both your tits pointed at the fence. It looks to me like the draw length on your bow is too short, pulling your right shoulder forward, out of alignment. I cant see your feet, but they should also be straight. Looks like the whole right side of your body is pulling in to the string, when the string should pull to it.
My string sits at the back of my nose just barely brushing my upper cheek. How is your anchor point? your hand should be in a place where it is extremely comfortable and easy to return to that exact same spot every time you draw. I think if you get your proper draw length on that bow it should solve all these problems. Just my .02

If any of that is dead wrong, feel free to correct me.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck,
the aiming down thing makes it tough but to be honest with you, from what I can tell your body position, head position anchor and bow fit look terrific!
I would like to see you relax the bow hand. Let the fingers just curl down naturally without any tension with your hand on that nice 45 degree angle to the grip.
You don't want tension in your bow hand or your bow arm........you want to think of your bow arm as a relaxed 2X4 that you simply pull against.

Angles look great though.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

My string sits at the back of my nose just barely brushing my upper cheek. How is your anchor point? your hand should be in a place where it is extremely comfortable and easy to return to that exact same spot every time you draw. I think if you get your proper draw length on that bow it should solve all these problems. Just my .02
That's technically too long.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Appreciate it guys...my arrows are 31"
Old 08-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Ok, let's see, where do I begin. Get a new bow, shorten the draw length at least an inch, relax and loose about 40 pounds.That about covers it.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds about right ..except for the weight ..I need to lose 100
Old 09-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Looks good to me Chuck. I can't tell but, as Matt said, relax the bow hand as much as possible.Now all you need to do is stick one! Good luck.