Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is it Tradition????? >

Is it Tradition?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it Tradition?????

Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is it Tradition?????

Ive seen a lot of peoples mounts of deer they have shot with their bow and an arrow is rested on the antlers. Is this tradition to do that when you shoot a buck with an arrow or is it just for looks??

Thanks
Colten
Old 08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it Tradition?????

i have never done it i do keep the arrows but dont hang them in racks of the deer never have but some people might do it as a tradition...
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

waiting for my first bow kill buck to get done at the taxidermist....still got the arrow covered in blood in the basement....im keeping it that way, but, dont know what i'll do with it...

i typically dont like anything hung or placed on the rack.....an arrow might not look terrible, but i hate to see antlers being used as hat racks and stuff....just my opinion...got a 8x10 photo blown up with me and the deer...might put the picture in a nice wood frame and put the arrow on the frame somehow and put that beside or below the actual mount....or was thinking of making a "shadow box" for the arrow...or if i put the mount on a plaque, i might add the arrow to the bottom of the plaque somehow...

but doubt i put it on the rack...JMO but i dont like how stuff like that looks....
Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always clean mine up and use them again.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Fork Horn

I have mine from the ten point I shot last year. I don't know if it is tradition but it was the biggest buck I have killed with a bow and I thought it would be neat to keep the arrow. I usually just clean the arrow sharpen the broadhead and shoot it again if I can.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think of doing it every year and then just end up cleaning them up and using them again!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once I get my first big buck im going to get a mount and then put my first split arrow either under it or on the antlers.

PS. I split another arrow, but this time it didn't stick into the other arrow, it hit towards the side and split the nock in half then a ricoshadded off which split the arrow a ltitle bit to. This one was a wasted arrow because the second arrow didn't stay in it. So now all I have is a broken $7.50 broken item.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:39 AM

Hell no I don't put them in the antlers!! I clean em off and shoot em again! Too expensive not to.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to retire an arrow after a kill with it and yes I would keep all of my arrows in the rack of my biggest buck. Then I was running low on arrows and they quit making that particular arrow, they all got cleaned and used, now I don't do it anymore!!!!! Maybe I will start again now that I have changed up arrows....
Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

No offense intended.....but what's the point?

Quick Reply: Is it Tradition?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.