Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 all in all a good day >

all in all a good day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all in all a good day

Old 08-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default all in all a good day

wel my dad asked if i wanted to take a drive to a local strip pit and go for a swim. Since we need to drive over that way anyway we did.

It is at a local state forest great hunting and fishing.
We dropped the boat in. I noticed when driving down the lake There were alot of deer trails comeing down to it for water.
I think next week i will scout the north side since the only way you can get there is either by boat or walking 1 to 2 miles in woods hills and swamps.
Had a small proplem though. my new truck is not 4x4 and with the rough muddy ramp i could not pull the boat out. so i had to dropp the boat in the water and dad had to drive it down the side of the like 1/2 mile with the trolling motor since the lake is trolling only.
The truck did pull it out at the other ramp.

But i stopped at the bait shop for some bait.
I just happen to ask if the guy new any good butchers or taxidermist in the area. He told me he butched deer there. He charges 65 bucks for a small deer and 75 for a big deer. He said he debones it cuts everything up nice and even tenderizes the steaks.
It is a good price around here seems the local guy charge 65 to 80 with bones left in. The other butcher shop charges 80 deboned.
Funny thing is even though i was there to cool off and swim and fish. Even though we did not fish. i could not stop watching the wood line. lol
I got it bad man buck fever.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 PM

Default RE: all in all a good day

yup, that would bea good place to sit on the water's edge early in the season. Can you use a climber or a blind near it?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: all in all a good day

well i can not use a climber i am to big. I saw a semi clearing about 30 yards in the woods. I could sit on the boat maybe. I think it is legal as long as it is not under power. i think it would be ok 100 yards away with a muzzleloader but not with a bow.
ORIGINAL: in da woods

yup, that would bea good place to sit on the water's edge early in the season. Can you use a climber or a blind near it?