HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hanging stands (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/260531-hanging-stands.html)

Rhody Hunter 08-30-2008 05:54 PM

hanging stands

I put up a couple hand on stands yesterday for the up coming season. well by the time i finished hanging one 18 minutes
had gone by and i was drenched in sweat. How do you guys do it that put up a stand and hunt it that day ? I was thinking of doing this and that is why i timed myself and to do it quietly. what tricks do you use ?

OKbowhunter20 08-30-2008 05:57 PM

RE: hanging stands

IMO the people who can hang and hunt have some real talent. I know I couldn't do it effectivly. Whenever I hang stands I'm a sweating bulldozer, making noise, and it still takes me a long time to put them up.

Shawn Perkins 08-30-2008 06:04 PM

yeah it gets frustrating.

some times i cant help myself from punching and cursing the tree...even sometimes throwing the whole damn stand out of the tree. :-o

i say climber stands are the way to go.

Deleted User 08-30-2008 06:33 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 08-30-2008 06:34 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Mottz 08-30-2008 06:38 PM

I try to put them up all in 1 day. Mainly cause I end up all scratched up and sweatin and am just ready to go home. I don't have any reason to try to put 1 up and hunt it right afterwards. Maybe hang 1 in morning, go home, hunt in the evening.

Bowtech 360 08-30-2008 06:40 PM

Mabey because I'm young, but I can hang-on stand with screw in steps (Not cheap crap steps) in about 7-8 minutes. It also depends on the tree, one with good groovy(sp?) bark will make the time take less. Just tie the stand to your belt loop and pull it up. However, all my trees need a little bit of trimming before I can think about hunting them so I dont hang and hunt.

minnesotadeer 08-30-2008 07:06 PM

I just bought my first hang on stand and need to put it up this week. I had some difficulty practicing getting it on the tree 5 feet off the ground. So how do you make it easier to put it up 20 feet in the tree? I think I read here once on the boards people using eye hooks for a make-shift pulley system to pull the stand up and hold in place while securing. Anyone try this?

Shawn Perkins 08-30-2008 07:10 PM

i replaced my chain with a ratchet strap. that makes things alot easier

Rhody Hunter 08-31-2008 04:51 AM

I was using screw in steps maybe it would go better with climbing sticks ? or maybe I'm just getting to old to try carrying every thing in ,hang it then hunt . I know a few here do it because they said they like being able to hunt on trees you can't get your climber on