Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!! >

2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Trout,
There are two other guys looking for one more teammate, they are Ryan.. and Oregon.. You guys can be team #7...

I will be driving through Midvale on Monday morning! I was wondering how long you have lived in Midvale? I have some family there..
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to all the elk hunters!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trout,
There are two other guys looking for one more teammate, they are Ryan.. and Oregon.. You guys can be team #7...
Cool!

Trout I was late signing up too man. But it's all worked out now teammate!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess we have a team 7!! Good Luck to all!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trouthunter

OK!! Dang!! I just noticed this thread today and was wondering if there is anyone needing another team member????

Shed33 & Rybo...why didn't ya tell me about this???? lol Think I'll be hitting the voodoo doll of yours extra hard tonight...[8D]
geeshh.. sorry cuz.. what the heck was I thinking.. sorry sorry.. well your in now.. you RYBO and Oregon it looks like.. Mulie man's running this show.. and he's given the ok.. very cool..

quick update for me.. bear, couple whitetails and 6 elk passed by my ground blind last night.. elk were 40 yards out.. one small bull.. He was tempting! I was hoping the other bulls would show but didnt till after dark.. My freezer is pretty empty.. I am not gonna be too picky very long! LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

Trout,

I will be driving through Midvale on Monday morning! I was wondering how long you have lived in Midvale? I have some family there..
Mulie...Pleasure to meet your aquaintence

I just moved here this June. I was living down in Oxbow, Oregon before I bought a place here. Still unpacking boxes..lol

I live in the NE corner of Midvale above the Lewis ranch. I've got a meager 7 acres surrouned by the Lewis & Sutton ranches. Both have given me permission to hunt on thier lands. Mostly mulies with some elk & antelope that winter here. I went out this morning and watched several does in different areas, looking for the bucks I saw 2 weeks ago (two nice 4X4's). There is a little fork-n-horn I've been seeing around, but mostly just a couple doe families. One which lives in my yard. Troy gave me some good food plot ideas for my lower 3 acres so I'm hoping to get them in for next season...right now I'm just getting the lay of the land.

I'm hunting elk in the Weiser zone this year. I was going to hunt Brownlee zone but didn't get in the scouting time I wanted thanks to moving. I will be hitting a couple good spots that I got into elk last season in off Cuddy Mountain. Bad thing is they made unit 22 a 2-point only buck unit, so my big buck hunting will be left for other areas (I just know I'm gonna see a monster buck when elk hunting in 22..lol)

Cuz...No worries...we're all busy bees and I know you have shifted gears and have whitetails on the brain. You need to shoot that little bull and leave the big boy for Ryan when he gets there I have a freezer full of beef, so I'll be looking for big antlers all season, otherwise that fat doe that keeps poking her head out of my brush patch would be looking tempting come late Oct. [8D]

-Scott
Old 09-05-2008, 12:26 PM

Hey Oregon...what part?? I have a place down on the Snake River (Oxbow Reservoir) on the Oregon side. I stay there during the week for work. If you elk hunt Hells Canyon area let me know..

-Scott
Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scott,
I see, Man I love fishing oxbow!!!!!!! I miss hells canyon in general!!! I am also hunting th weiser river zone. Just a litle further north than you!! I have done very good in the past up there! I know I will see a monster mulie this year too! Heck you can't even shoot a doe in unit 22! I hope it is worth it! My cousins are the suttons. Tell them the Foruria's say hello! I am outta hear tomorrow am!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

checking in after this evenings hunt.. set up on the ground and had spike bull come by at 3 yards.... slam dunk shot but decided before he showed I was gonna hold out for the bigger bulls in the area. I may wish this one was in the freezer though! lol anyway was a great night got him walking by me on video, having lots of fun and will be going back after them in the morning ..hunting whitetails tomorrow too.. depending on what the elk are up too in the a.m....whitetails forsure in the evening ..
Old 09-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hey man thats cool. I hope that you see some bigger ones and get a shot. Good luck

Quick Reply: 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.