HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
trouthunter

Default RE: 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

Trout,
There are two other guys looking for one more teammate, they are Ryan.. and Oregon.. You guys can be team #7...

I will be driving through Midvale on Monday morning! I was wondering how long you have lived in Midvale? I have some family there..
Mulie...Pleasure to meet your aquaintence

I just moved here this June. I was living down in Oxbow, Oregon before I bought a place here. Still unpacking boxes..lol

I live in the NE corner of Midvale above the Lewis ranch. I've got a meager 7 acres surrouned by the Lewis & Sutton ranches. Both have given me permission to hunt on thier lands. Mostly mulies with some elk & antelope that winter here. I went out this morning and watched several does in different areas, looking for the bucks I saw 2 weeks ago (two nice 4X4's). There is a little fork-n-horn I've been seeing around, but mostly just a couple doe families. One which lives in my yard. Troy gave me some good food plot ideas for my lower 3 acres so I'm hoping to get them in for next season...right now I'm just getting the lay of the land.

I'm hunting elk in the Weiser zone this year. I was going to hunt Brownlee zone but didn't get in the scouting time I wanted thanks to moving. I will be hitting a couple good spots that I got into elk last season in off Cuddy Mountain. Bad thing is they made unit 22 a 2-point only buck unit, so my big buck hunting will be left for other areas (I just know I'm gonna see a monster buck when elk hunting in 22..lol)

Cuz...No worries...we're all busy bees and I know you have shifted gears and have whitetails on the brain. You need to shoot that little bull and leave the big boy for Ryan when he gets there I have a freezer full of beef, so I'll be looking for big antlers all season, otherwise that fat doe that keeps poking her head out of my brush patch would be looking tempting come late Oct. [8D]

-Scott