Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal >

Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

See how stupid this could get with somone like this land owner?
I know....and all over a DEER! It's crazy, huh?

I'm not sure who the offended person is when I drive 40 in a 35. Haven't figured that one out. The state? OK

As long as you who say you would trespass will admit that the DEER is worth you breaking the law for.....I have no issues with it. But we can leave the landowner out of it. By denying you entry.....he's doing nothing illegal. You would be.

The rights of the landowner is something our country's foundation is built on. I just don't like to see them taken so trivially.

Especially over a DEER.............[&:]
Old 08-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Bartender

James you see my previous post, wardens dont have authority to persue trespassers. Only go after the deer if taken illegally.
ORIGINAL: James Vee

Call the game warden. The property owner may own the land, but he does not own the game on it. The state does. Have a good relationship with your wardens and this will never be a problem for you.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aren't you breaking the law simply by driving or walking up the driveway?
Sorry BB, but the answer is no, unless he had it posted.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Peakrut, that is correct. It is up to the county sherriff to pursue trespassing violations.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry BB, but the answer is no, unless he had it posted.
That would depend on the individual state.

So how do you ask for permission to retreive a deerif the property where the land owner livesis posted?
Say he lives on 500 postedacres that borders your hunting property and the deer ran onto that posted 500 acres. If you walk onto his property to ask for permissionyou are trespassing.... if you go get the deer you are trespassing.

What do you do?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

So how do you ask for permission to retreive a deerif the property where the land owner livesis posted?
Say he lives on 500 postedacres that borders your hunting property and the deer ran onto that posted 500 acres. If you walk onto his property to ask for permissionyou are trespassing.... if you go get the deer you are trespassing.

What do you do?
You work this all out PRIOR to the start of season.
Should be a part of our prep - every bit as important as sighting your bow, etc.

Steve
Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

to make it short i would go and get my deer. people can be really stupid over something like that. when it doesnt have to be a big deal.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally saw the episode last night and I don't know. First off, that was just a bad shot. No two ways about it. They should have never even started tracking that buck (see Rob's post) until the next day.

It just seemed all too staged for me and maybe that was the point of the show to talk about landownder/neighboring property relations and raise a valid discussion which I think it did/has.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You work this all out PRIOR to the start of season.
Should be a part of our prep - every bit as important as sighting your bow, etc.

Steve
It's still tresspassing when you walk over there before the season starts. The only way to accomplish this without tresspassing is if you happen into your neighbor somewhere off his property, but again you aren't "taking care of this before season" with this method, you are merely relying on fate to bring both of you together. Unless of course you park at the person's entrance and "stalk" them waiting on them to come in and out. I don't see any issue there......
Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's still tresspassing when you walk over there before the season starts.
Exactly. It's not like the law says that it is only trespassing during deer season.

So what do you do? Is there anything you can do other than trespass?

Quick Reply: Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.