Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wearing eye glasses >

wearing eye glasses

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wearing eye glasses

Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wearing eye glasses

I will sometimes wear myglasses when I hunt. I wear a boonie hat to keep the sun out of my eyes & the glare off the glasses. I also useliquid soap or shaving cream to help stop them from fogging up.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

I wore glasses once when I had pink eye. Glasses fogged up when a 10 pointer came in, never got a shot.

Haven't worn glasses since.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear glasses and they do fog up from time to time. I have a product much like the dry soap that does help prevent fogging. I always have to have a facemask where I can breath out of the mask vs: inside it.. That's really the only issue I have.. OH, Unless it's raining.. Then ya can't see all over again but I try to wear a hat to prevent getting my glasses soaked...
Old 08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have both. Depends on the weather what I wear. If it is raining or cold I go with the contacts. Early season I usually wear the glasses. When it gets really cold it is hard toe keep the glasses from fogging with a mask on. In the rain and snow there is no good solution to keeping the water off of them.

I rarely everwear the contacts outside of hunting.To keep it a little cheaper I buy a 4 month supply ofthe two week lenses and only wear them when hunting. Theywill last a couple of years if you use them this way.