Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Define "High Fence" >

Define "High Fence"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Define "High Fence"

Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Define "High Fence"

Yep. Familiar with it?

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

What base are you talking about? Pax River NAS?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should hunt it and have no problems mentally doing so. You are hunting what is there and "it is what it is".

I hunt a military base with no fences, but if it were fenced, I would hunt it in a second. It is the only place I have to hunt.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No (extremely poor analogy).

But is it "fishing" when the kids around the pool are catching trout with a snoopy pole and a bobber?

Ask them.
Not to most of us,

Heres something to add....would a deer harvested there be excepted in the contest?

I don't think it would.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Poor analogyonly because of your inability to counter the given facts.
The point is exactly the same as saying it is "hunting" to
purchase a deer in a pen and then in fact kill it.
Hunting it is not . Killing it is.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Yep. Familiar with it?

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

What base are you talking about? Pax River NAS?
Not very. I spent a week there in '80 when I was stationed on the USS Raleigh LPD1.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

would a deer harvested there be excepted in the contest?
No. But not because it wasn't "hunted". It would be a question of "fair chase".

(and actually....it WOULD be "excepted". It would NOT be "accepted")

Jim you use the absurd extreme to try to make a point....and then accuse me of being unable to counter "facts". That's the definition of a circular argument. Kinda like....."Do you hide when you masturbate"?

The FACT is.....the ONLY person who can determine whether or not he's "hunting" (or not) is the person doing it. What you or anyone else determine it to be is your opinion. You can't impose your opinion as "fact".

If the man inside the high fence says he's "hunting"......he's "hunting". Period.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The FACT is.....the ONLY person who can determine whether or not he's "hunting" (or not) is the person doing it. What you or anyone else determine it to be is your opinion. You can't impose your opinion as "fact".

If the man inside the high fence says he's "hunting"......he's "hunting". Period.
And with your own analogy you are arguing your point with "reason" because you "say".. you are using ..........."reason"

OK Jeff, its all so clear now.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

I understand the difference between high fence for the purposes of keeping game animals in and high fence for the purposes of national defense. I don't not hunt here anymore because of the fence, but because I have other areas to hunt where I don't have to hear the jet noise and feel my tree vibrate as a jet thunders down the runway. There is also the issue of checking out and back in before/after a hunt along with other conditions that just make it a pain in the butt that I choose to avoid. With the good quality deer that we have here on base, I'd come back and hunt here in a hearbeat...if I needed to due to lack of other properties.
I did not ask the question to get approval from anyone because I'm comfortable with my own answer to the question. I was only curious as to the opinions of others and appreciate the replies.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is also the issue of checking out and back in before/after a hunt along with other conditions that just make it a pain in the butt that I choose to avoid.
Navy, that is one of the things that gets old for me on Quantico Military Base. However, I know that it bothers people alot more than me so they quit coming to hunt. It makes the hunting better for me, so I keep pushing ahead.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

There is also the issue of checking out and back in before/after a hunt along with other conditions that just make it a pain in the butt that I choose to avoid.
Navy, that is one of the things that gets old for me on Quantico Military Base. However, I know that it bothers people alot more than me so they quit coming to hunt. It makes the hunting better for me, so I keep pushing ahead.
I hunted Quantico back in the early 70's. Well 1974 to be specific.

Quick Reply: Define "High Fence"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.