Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 any one using HHA sights? >

any one using HHA sights?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any one using HHA sights?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Default any one using HHA sights?

I was just at a 3D shoot and people tell me that they would not recoment hunting with the sight i have. Its an apex atomic 1 pin and it was hard to see to adjust in the first place but not i have my kwikee kwiver thing over it and its really hard to see. I saw that that HHAsights have sight tape or whatever and there is a bigger space in between yards. My sight is like one little nick equals five yards so its hard to get the adjustments right. Is it like that on the HHA sights? What sight would you recomend?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any one using HHA sights?

Well the HHA is a slide you can set any increments you want on it. I hunted with one for 2 years. I went backto a five pin sight this year.

They are great sights, I just didn't want 1 more thing to worry about at that crucial time. What yardage did I set, looking and adjusting instead of looking for the shot. Suppose the deer is moving and you have to keep sliding and looking etc. I decided it wasn't for me anymore.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your shooting a X force or Droptines' buddies bow, you can use one pin to 100yrds.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the one I have. Before season Irange trees with the range finder that are around the trails. Have had no problem switching the yardage when a buck is nearing. Gets your mind off the antlers and buck fever doesnt set in as fast.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

I have the 5500 and love it. Check out the tape thatI made with a standard avery address label.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: buckrubboy

I was just at a 3D shoot and people tell me that they would not recoment hunting with the sight i have. Its an apex atomic 1 pin and it was hard to see to adjust in the first place but not i have my kwikee kwiver thing over it and its really hard to see. I saw that that HHAsights have sight tape or whatever and there is a bigger space in between yards. My sight is like one little nick equals five yards so its hard to get the adjustments right. Is it like that on the HHA sights? What sight would you recomend?
The problem with that statement is that the sight itself doesn't dictate the increment, the speed and weight of the arrow do. I shoot an HHA, and the sight tapes are awesome. They are in 10 yard increments, with 5 yard hash marks between them. And the gap isn't much on mine either. But again, that's a product of your set up, not the sight.

Oh, and as far as hunting with it is concerned.....It just doesn't get much easier. For my set up, I will leave my pin set at 27 yards. I will be 1 1/2" high at 20, and the same low at 30. I'm gonna hold center mass out to 30 yards and let fly. For me, it's actually LESS to think/worry about at the moment of truth. All those pins out there clutter my sight picture, and getting the right one is always confusing for me.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

i have the HHA optimizer that i bought about 3 years ago. it works good for me
Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just put one on my bow. I like it so far... Havent hunted w/ it, but its very acurrate. I really like the open sight picture.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

I used an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus to mount my AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot sight. It's the nuts !!