Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quivers

Old 08-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Spike

Default Quivers

I have a TRUGLO Tru-Quiver and all the foam that keeps the broadheads inplace is torn to pieces. Can I replace the foam, or shouldI just buy a new one for $25?Thisyear will be my second season for bow hunting, so im still a rookie at this stuff.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:20 AM

Default RE: Quivers

get a kwikee quiver there is no foam involved that ever needs to be replaced ,i have used the same quiver for eight yrs ,until i switched to axis arrows then i got a kwikee combo quiver ,i've been using it for three yrs ,without a problem one
Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 AM

I would go out to local fabric shops and find a quality foam and glue it in...I bet it won't cost more than a dallor or two. welcome to the forums
Old 08-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Spike

I plan on switching to a mechanical broadhead also this year. Will they work with the foam?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ZEKE83

I plan on switching to a mechanical broadhead also this year. Will they work with the foam?

Thanks for the help!

Sure they will work... they'll open right up just like they are supposed to!

No seriously, you do not want to insert your mechs into foam in a quiver. In fact, I don't even put my fixed blade heads into foam as over time it makes a mess, and gradually dulls your blades. I really like my Alpine Soft-Lock quiver... best I've ever used.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the help!

I heated up a head and inserted it into the foam, melted the foam, and holds the Mechanical braodheads perfect! I have no problems! I still check my heads when I nock an arrow, out of habit!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

The Bohning quiver I employed before switching to th eoctane.....you didn't need to worry about the foam with mechanicals. It kind of holds the heads so that they "hover" within the protective hood. Your arrow is held by two points along the shaft.....and you don't need the foam.

Just a thought.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got a Alpine bear claw 3-arrow quiver Ive been tryin to get rid of, It has removable foam for expandables, when you remove the foam for a fixed head it exposes another layer of foam for just the tip of an expandable to fit into.

If your interested PM me.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Thanks for the help!

Sure they will work... they'll open right up just like they are supposed to!

No seriously, you do not want to insert your mechs into foam in a quiver. In fact, I don't even put my fixed blade heads into foam as over time it makes a mess, and gradually dulls your blades. I really like my Alpine Soft-Lock quiver... best I've ever used.
I am thinking about getting an Alpine Soft-Lock quiver to put on my new Hoyt Vtec, will the Alpine fit on thisa bow?