Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Browning FAILS

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM

Default Browning FAILS

Man, nobody wants to fix my bow, Call browning and they say have a local dealer fix it, call a local dealer, no we cant do that call browning. They just keep passing it on to another person to deal with. Guess im going to have to send it into browning and pay the shipping. Why cant the local dealer just get my limbs and put it on? Browning says they just need my serial number to check its under warrenty and then they send the limbs out to the dealer. Borwning will not have my business EVER again. Bowtech here I come...

Just venting, This better not ruin my season or im buying a new bow before september for a October 18th season start.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Browning FAILS

Relax boy. It's a game. You see what your problem is... it's the busy time of year. Dealers are selling bows, making arrows and doing their thing. They have to make money while they can. And you sir are an aggrevation. The aggrevation, you went online to save $10 or whatever and now you want the guy who has all the overhead of a store, employees that actually know what they're doing and all that to fix your bow FOR FREE. He won't get squat for it. He's probably going to end up loosing on the deal when you consider labor... and you aren't one of his customers.Who would you take care of first in the busy season..... someone who chose to buy on line to save a few bucks or the guy that bought from you, buys his arrows from you, stops in to say hello when nothing is wrong etc. Welcome to the world of backlash, you made your bed now lay in it. Yes, you may very well be under warranty... then again you may not be. Who knows what the online place sold you? That's why Browning needs the SN. Yes, they will fix it, but they can't beat that dealer over the head to service something bought over the internet. He can and should put it in it's rightful place.... the back of the line... last in... last out. Welcome to the real world. You can try another dealer and hope you find one that's really hungry and trying to build some good will. When you walk in a store don't tell them you bought it online and you may get better service. If it was a gift or bought when you lived in Timbuck Two... maybe. LOL Welcome to the real world of business. A Warranty is not always the same as a Warranty. If there are no other dealers around, you're pretty much screwed. Browning is NO dealers main line. Many have dropped it. Browning can't get tough with anyone... and still we fall back to the rule of Last in Last Out. You're at the bottom of the heap. Support your favorite ProShop. They may not be the cheapest, or the fastest, but you will get taken care of in most cases.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:42 PM

if i were you id go to the shop and call browning from there if they tell you to got to the shop ask them if they wold like to speak to shop owner becuase you are there right now. I feel for you i would be just as mad if this happened to me. You will get it straigtend out. good luck
Old 08-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Sheesh, David... take it easy. I think Bowtech 360 said he dropped 200.00 at the local shop last week.(and if I remember correctly, the local shop was like 20 miles away and he doesn't have a driver's license yet.)

Anyhow, is it that the Browningdealer won't do it at all... or they won't do it for free? I wouldn't expect them to do it for free but I know at least one shop that would do that for ayoung customer, even if they didn't buy the bow there. Shops like that are few and far between tho'.

Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 PM

Worst case, call this number tomorrow after 12:00PM pacific and ask for Dan.

1-509-891-1900 Ext. 7

PM me with questions.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't let them give you the run around!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM

Read the limb broke thread, problem solved.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Sheesh, David... take it easy. I think Bowtech 360 said he dropped 200.00 at the local shop last week.(and if I remember correctly, the local shop was like 20 miles away and he doesn't have a driver's license yet.)

Anyhow, is it that the Browningdealer won't do it at all... or they won't do it for free? I wouldn't expect them to do it for free but I know at least one shop that would do that for ayoung customer, even if they didn't buy the bow there. Shops like that are few and far between tho'.

Good luck getting it fixed.
Ditto.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Relax boy. It's a game. You see what your problem is... it's the busy time of year. Dealers are selling bows, making arrows and doing their thing. They have to make money while they can. And you sir are an aggrevation. The aggrevation, you went online to save $10 or whatever and now you want the guy who has all the overhead of a store, employees that actually know what they're doing and all that to fix your bow FOR FREE. He won't get squat for it. He's probably going to end up loosing on the deal when you consider labor... and you aren't one of his customers.Who would you take care of first in the busy season..... someone who chose to buy on line to save a few bucks or the guy that bought from you, buys his arrows from you, stops in to say hello when nothing is wrong etc. Welcome to the world of backlash, you made your bed now lay in it. Yes, you may very well be under warranty... then again you may not be. Who knows what the online place sold you? That's why Browning needs the SN. Yes, they will fix it, but they can't beat that dealer over the head to service something bought over the internet. He can and should put it in it's rightful place.... the back of the line... last in... last out. Welcome to the real world. You can try another dealer and hope you find one that's really hungry and trying to build some good will. When you walk in a store don't tell them you bought it online and you may get better service. If it was a gift or bought when you lived in Timbuck Two... maybe. LOL Welcome to the real world of business. A Warranty is not always the same as a Warranty. If there are no other dealers around, you're pretty much screwed. Browning is NO dealers main line. Many have dropped it. Browning can't get tough with anyone... and still we fall back to the rule of Last in Last Out. You're at the bottom of the heap. Support your favorite ProShop. They may not be the cheapest, or the fastest, but you will get taken care of in most cases.
Wow David the planets must be aligned perfectly or something. This is the second post I agree with you on in the same night. Support your local pro shop! It sucks when they are not around. [:@]
Old 08-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Good grief man! The boy is just starting in this sport and is looking for a little guidance. He didn't need a "this is going to hurt you more than it is going to hurt me" speech!

Bowtech, keep after them. I would call Browning back and tell them that the bow is on its way. Your either going to pay shipping or probably labor at the shop. This is the way it goes young man. Hang in there and get that thing fixed as quick as you can. Season is around the corner.