Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moutlrie I40?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Moutlrie I40?

I'm thinking of picking one of these up to use along with my faithful 3yr old Moultrie Gamespy 200 3.1MP. That camera has been top notch and flawless, I've loved it.

What pro's and cons are there to this particular model?

What kind of battery life does it have?

Any kind of special routine maintence needed?

Trigger speed?

Could you post up some day/night photos?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moutlrie I40?

Why certantly.... Just as soon as Felps wins #8...
Old 08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres a good example of Range and trigger speed.

Here is the only downfall I can find with the Camera.... when game is moving quickly It tends to blurr. Not a major concern of mine.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 PM

The I40 is the first trail camera I have owned, so I can't compare it to other models. But I can give you my opinion.

It is simple to set-up, which was good for me on my maiden voyage of trail cams.

The batteries. I am amazed at how long they last. I've had mine for 6 1/2 months and I replaced them once, just beacuse I felt like it. I honestly think it could still be taking pics right now with the original batteries. They just SIP the power out of them.

Maintence....there really isn't anything that I know of that is need to maintain the cam.

Trigger speed.....ehhh.....here is where people will start arguing over the I40s. When I first got mine, the trigger speed was excellent. Above average I would say. But I think, for whatever reason, it has gotten slower over time. Right nowI can walk strait up to my camera from 50 yards out, and it wont take a picture of me until I am staring into the lense. This is something that I am not happy with at all.

One con that I can think of is this. The case is not very strong and when you strap it to a tree, the body can flex, causing the two doors (front and side) to not line up perfectly. Also the SD card slot is kinda in an inconveniat spot. Not that that is a huge deal though.

Also, people have been having issue with the infared sensor (me included). I don't get hardly color photos. The infared stays on pretty much all the time, usless you are in a really bright area.

I know it sounds like I am bashing this cam, but actuallyI am pretty satisfied with it. If I had it to do all over, I would buy it again.

Here are some pics

Day

Dawn/Dusk

Dead of Night

Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using one and am so satisfied I am going to get some more. A friend of mine in Nebraska has been using them (8) for a while now and recommended it to me. The battery life is amazing. Literally thousands of pictures without changing them. I really havent seen any problems with trigger speed on mine but it is only about 6 weeks old. I think it is a great camera for a very good price.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

My I40 is the best cam I have ever had. I like it better than all the cuddes and leaf rivers I ever had.

rick

Old 08-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

couple more

I love the fact that it takes color and IR photos and video. The battery life is incredible and the trigger speed is great.

rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.