Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got A Call Last Night ****New News**** >

Got A Call Last Night ****New News****

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got A Call Last Night ****New News****

Old 08-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got A Call Last Night ****New News****

Last night about 10:30 PM the phone rings. Getting a call at that time in the evening sends up alarms like someone is hurt or worse. I answered the phone and the guy on the other end says "I found out you have exclusive permission to hunt *****'s place." I said, "Yea, how can I help you?" His response was "We've been hunting that property for year's and I'm letting you know that we will continue to hunt there." I told him the owner said he has never given anyone else permission and was giving me permission to charge anyone else that trespassed. He told me that he didn't think I wanted to start something that him and his friends would finish.

This is the property where I flushed up 4 bucks within minutes of arriving to scout the property and saw a total of about 50 deer in the short time I was at the property.

Going to be an interesting season....[:-]
Old 08-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got A Call Last Night

IF anyone can handle it Mark, I know you can. I think maybe they don't know they bit off more than they can chew.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be more than happy to come up and help you out(hang stands, cut trails, make salt licks, ECT.) on the new property. They don't have a clue, Now that would be alot of fun.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think maybe they don't know they bit off more than they can chew.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Good luck AF.. usually people who do things like this have more bark than bite.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Time to find out who these scumbags are AF. Nothing pisses me off more than when people mess with our Vets. Not sure if you got the number they called from or know who they are but finding out who they are without them knowing how is always a great way to even the plsying field. I wish IOWA was an over the counter state, I'd come out for a week or two and hunt with ya.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would call the Game Warden and tell him that not only were guys openly saying they were going to trespass but also threatened you. I am not one for lawsuits and calling the cops on small things, but this sounds like it could be nasty. I would call them and at least document the conversation that you and those idiots had last night. Call the landowner and let him know the exact details of the call and if he still says you have exclusive permission to hunt. I know in alot of places here in Virginia,the landowner will give you a "permission slip" of sorts with his name and yours signed on the document so that if you are confronted by a GW, you simply pull it out and show him. SCREW those guys.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Hope it works out for ya man. I cant stand red neck punks like that.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would call the Game Warden and tell him that not only were guys openly saying they were going to trespass but also threatened you. I am not one for lawsuits and calling the cops on small things, but this sounds like it could be nasty.
I agree, at least they would know that someone is trying to give you a hard time.
But if this crack-head thinks this will work and he and his buddys will be able to just show up and hunt."I don`t think so"....
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

This person had the foresight to block his telephone number, but other than torquing me off, I'm not worried about it. Anyone who makes a call like that and does not have the cajones to identify himself, already has a yellow streak running down the middle of the back. I know how to get the phone number if necessary. Wish I had some military simunitions, I'd have those guys creaming their jeans.

If I catch them on the property, all bets are off. Between myself and then the law, the movie Deliverance would seem like a dream come true for them!

Just had to let some steam off this morning after that call last night.

Quick Reply: Got A Call Last Night ****New News****

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.