Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muscle workout?!?!?! >

Muscle workout?!?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muscle workout?!?!?!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muscle workout?!?!?!

I have been told by several of yall to gain some strength. Which exercises would be good and what do yall do if any?

Thanks
Colten
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muscle workout?!?!?!

push ups lol bench, curls anything to get some arm strength if that is what you are talking about
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Right now i do three to four days on and one to two off, it depends how sore or how im feeling. I dont do the same routine all the time, but mix it up alot, and some times ill do just an arm only day. push ups are also great
DAY
1. Chest, triceps
bench, incline bench and decline, sometimes dumbell flys
tricep pulldowns, tricep bar while laying on bench, Heavy close grip bench press, dips off a bench while feet are proped up on another.
2. Back, biceps
Deadlifts, lat pulldowns, low pully rows, bentover rows, dumbbell rows. sometimes overhand pullups but i hate doing them. I dont do all these at once but mix it up every two weeks.
preacher curls, dumbell curls, hammer curls, reverse curls, forearm curls. I have a curl machine but dont use it much. concentration curls
3. shoulders, abs
Shoulder shrugs with straight bar and dumbells, side latteral raises, bent over lateral raises, front raises, military press
plank, side to side plank, crunches dont agree with me unless i use an exercise ball
I hate doing legs but need to, but im running three days a week, so i guess that counts.
Then i take a day or two off
Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Be sure and tell us about your work out for those enourmously large fingers of your.

>>>BAM<<<
ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Right now i do three to four days on and one to two off, it depends how sore or how im feeling. I dont do the same routine all the time, but mix it up alot, and some times ill do just an arm only day. push ups are also great
DAY
1. Chest, triceps
bench, incline bench and decline, sometimes dumbell flys
tricep pulldowns, tricep bar while laying on bench, Heavy close grip bench press, dips off a bench while feet are proped up on another.
2. Back, biceps
Deadlifts, lat pulldowns, low pully rows, bentover rows, dumbbell rows. sometimes overhand pullups but i hate doing them. I dont do all these at once but mix it up every two weeks.
preacher curls, dumbell curls, hammer curls, reverse curls, forearm curls. I have a curl machine but dont use it much. concentration curls
3. shoulders, abs
Shoulder shrugs with straight bar and dumbells, side latteral raises, bent over lateral raises, front raises, military press
plank, side to side plank, crunches dont agree with me unless i use an exercise ball
I hate doing legs but need to, but im running three days a week, so i guess that counts.
Then i take a day or two off
Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just keep practiceing shooting your bow and upping the poundage , you'll get there.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 AM

PUSH UPS! have fun
Old 08-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buck--keep it simple buddy. Pushups, pull-ups, put a log on your back and do squats. Put your feet on the bumper of your car and do downward pushups...just mix it up and have fun! Just do em 2-3 times a week and then slowdown when bowseason opens to maybe 1-2 times a week. I used to workout non-stop, but these says I take what I can get. I will take an axe and hold it out and do exercises for my shoulders, pick up a tire and curl it...whatever you have around the house can be just fine.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

thanks guys i appreciate it.

Thanks
Colten
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 AM

I just hold my bow back for as long as I can right before I go to bed. I also do like 20-25 push-ups throughout the day.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

To build Muscle Mass = More weight Less Reps
Take Routine Blood gave you and do 8-12 reps each set.

Good luck, and Eat a lot

Quick Reply: Muscle workout?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.