Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting problem please help!!! >

Shooting problem please help!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting problem please help!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shooting problem please help!!!

Hey guys im tryin to get some practice in and get pretty good as i just started with a bow and i want to get ready for bowseason. Im shootin about ping-pong paddle sized groups and i wanted to know if anyone has any methods of like staying still with the bow or focusing on a certain point etc. i just want some thing that will help me get my groups tighter and help me be able to hold the bow steady and on the target so i will be ready for deer season.

Thanks
Colten
Old 08-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting problem please help!!!

I have the same problem, I have a hard time holding my bow still. I went to a heavier stabilizer, and that seemed to helpa little. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckmaster, maybe try to workout a little like pushups/pull-ups? That might help your shoulders stabilize the bow.

And buck, something that has been really helping me lately is really "burning a hole in the target" right before I release my arrow. I focus on my pins, then to the target....then I burn that hole in the target. Someone on here said that line about burning a hole recently and I tried it. My groups have improved.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Practicing and building the muscles that shoot a bow is good. A syabilizer can definitely help too, but probably the most important thing for being able to control a bow is getting the draw length to fit you and not trying to shoot too much draw weight. These are the two most important things.

Accuracy comes from developing decent, consistent shooting form. You can't develop good shooting form if you're fighting a bow.

If your draw length is too long and you're drawing about 10# too much weight then consider yourself to be in the same group as 80% of people shooting today.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

no my draw length is fine and my draw weight is perfect i just have a problem with holding the bow until i get the shot i want i get to anxious and just shoot without fcousing a lot but theni focus too hard and i pull the shot way sumwher else
Old 08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Practicing and building the muscles that shoot a bow is good. A syabilizer can definitely help too, but probably the most important thing for being able to control a bow is getting the draw length to fit you and not trying to shoot too much draw weight. These are the two most important things.

Accuracy comes from developing decent, consistent shooting form. You can't develop good shooting form if you're fighting a bow.

If your draw length is too long and you're drawing about 10# too much weight then consider yourself to be in the same group as 80% of people shooting today.
I wish you would post more,it would save me some typing.[8D]

I know alot of bowhunters are still shooting too long but there are alot of target archers that are going the opposite way and shooting too short.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buckmaster519

no my draw length is fine and my draw weight is perfect i just have a problem with holding the bow until i get the shot i want i get to anxious and just shoot without fcousing a lot but theni focus too hard and i pull the shot way sumwher else
Post a full length pic or send it to me or BGfisher in a pm.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

u want a pic of me pullin the bow back?? just makin sure i will have one on in the mornin
Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, it depends on your style if you really need help at this point. Are you shooting pins, peep, barebow or what? Besides the muscle build up, the bow must be tuned. The arrows must fly true and be the same. Form is the driving force.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Fork Horn

im shooting pins looking thru a peep the tuning is fine i just have trouble relaxing and keeping the pin where i want until im ready to fire

Quick Reply: Shooting problem please help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.