Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time >

Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

The katera is the most smooth bow I eva' draw..... The draw cycle is sweet and when it breaks over,,,,,,it's bliss..I want one so bad.....too bad the wife dont think it's as cool as I do
Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buckmaster
270 is gonna kill a deer just as good as 290...
Yes, I agree with you here. However, won't the higher fps result in a flatter trajectory for a longer distance?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, which is why Im glad Ishoot a Bowtech Allegiance, it's the best of ALL worlds IMO, Good Draw, smooth shot, and 300fps with my setup.

But I wonder what the difference would be in a bowhunting situation.... I meanat what yardageis 20fps difference really gonna show its self?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Spike

If you loved the General, you need to get the Guardian. I did the same type of test last month with almost the identical list of bows. I too had a problem finding a guardian to shoot. I ended up shooting a 2007 leftover and loved it. When the guy at the shop said the 2008's are even quieter and smoother, I immidiately started looking for one. I didn't bother ordering through the store because i knew i could find one way cheaper over the internet. I was right. Brand New 2008 Bowtech Guardian for $605 to my door. Can't be it. The only thing i needed to do is take it to the local shop and have them swap out the mods(free). Best bow i have ever held in my hands. No questions asked. Best of luck to you and happy hunting.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowbuster

I didn't bother ordering through the store because i knew i could find one way cheaper over the internet. I was right. Brand New 2008 Bowtech Guardian for $605 to my door. Can't be it.
You save about $75-100 but you likely do not get a warranty on the bow. So it's a risk. If you ever need a repair chances are it's going to exceed the $100 you saved up front.

But I agree, the Guardian would be another good bow for him to try out.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Spike

ActuallyI registered the bow in my name so I should have no problems. There is no difference whether I went around the corner and bought it from the local shop, or bought it over the internet from a dealer. No difference at all.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

shoot them all if possible... one should feel best. That is your pick
Old 08-13-2008, 07:16 AM

I bought a 07 guardian love the thing bought it new. After a recent promotion to E-6 in the navy after only 6 years in service. I decide with all the hard work I have been doing and the fact that I boought my wife a new car for her birthday I deserve a new bow. Shot all of those bows I am not biased. The dxt and the dren not worth the money hand shock and way to light, Lighter is not better. They are also a little noisey. Marquis Is stiff and I did not like it. The general smooth shooting bow very quiet just not getting anything better but I would loose 15 fps compared to my current bow. The hoyt did not like it to me it sounds Like a gun being shot of. Its quiet on the inside of the bow but loud as hell on the outside. I will also say I was looking at getting a DXT or a dren at the begining of this but I am sticking with the best bow that is still on the market todate the guardian. Hopefully some one will come out with something else I like next year. But to all The best peace of advice is shoot all of them then pick a bow that you like.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ActuallyI registered the bow in my name so I should have no problems. There is no difference whether I went around the corner and bought it from the local shop, or bought it over the internet from a dealer. No difference at all.
I'm not looking to start trouble but you should probably contact Bowtech to make sure you're covered. Even if it's only for peace fo mind. To the best of my knowledge there are no authorized internet dealers unless you are 30+ miles from the nearest authorized Bowtech dealer. Page 8 of the owners manual does state that internet sales are not covered.

But I've been wrong before.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

If you loved the General, you need to get the Guardian. I did the same type of test last month with almost the identical list of bows. I too had a problem finding a guardian to shoot.
Ha, man I was thinking I still need to find one to shoot. When they didn't have a Guardian at any of the stores I went to yesterday I gave up on it. But I got up today and have been calling around in parts of the state I have never heard of. I finally found one 50 miles away. I'm gonna go take a look at it now.

I'm gonna try to make the final decision while I am out. I'll post pics of what I end up with when I get back....if I am able to decide.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate you all sharing your opinions.

Quick Reply: Mathews/BowTech/Hoyt - Decision Time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.