Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 deer 1 sit?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 deer 1 sit?

I have a buddy...... he was out with his muzzleloader and walking to his stand. A buck was walking towards him so he waited until it was within range and killed it. He reloaded and waited a few minutes and then went up to look for sign. The buck went 20yds and dropped. He was at the bottom of a small hill........ while gutting the deer another buck crested the same hill that the first one was on and he shot it too............ 2 bucks. Lucky bugger was party hunting with his brother.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know two people, who have done it.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done it a few times, shot a doe and an 8 point once- could have shot 4 or 5 that afternoon if legal(seen 23 in an afternoon), doubled up on does three times
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never a buck and a doe, but I have shot two does on the same day.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Yep, Nov. 9th, 1996. I shot the doe around 7:30 AM, it was still early so I stayed on stand. 20 minutes later this guy came thru chasing 3 does right under my stand. I shot him at 18 yards with the last doe right underneath me.

I had to leave the 4 wheeler there to fit the deer in my truck. Oh well.
AWESOME!!

I would if I could but havent had the chance yet. It would be a lot of work but it sure would be fun

rick

Old 08-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Once. Won't ever do it again.
Me, too. I got raked over the coals for doing this, last year. I shot one doe....and didn't see her go down. I ended up shooting another.....and though I'm not positive on whether or not the hit was lethal.....I didn't recover her.

I had temps working against me. My advice is.....if you don't see the first one go down......keep your arrows in your quiver.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have done this a few times. I will only do it if I know for a fact the first one went down fast (seen it go down). I don't really see a problem with it as long as it is legel to do so in your State (it is legel in Illinois). BTW, great looking buck jmbuckhunter, that must have been a heck of a morning for you.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Nov. 9th, 1996. I shot the doe around 7:30 AM, it was still early so I stayed on stand. 20 minutes later this guy came thru chasing 3 does right under my stand. I shot him at 18 yards with the last doe right underneath me.

That you don't see every day. Nice going there John!

As for myself I haven't done it and most likely won't do it. If I were to do it I'd like to see the 1st deer go down before I'd attempt a 2nd one.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang John that buck is a Hoss!!! Awesome!!

I have never shot two with a bow, although I could have .... I have done it a few times with a gun ...both timesa buck and doe ..
Old 08-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

My very first deer were with a shotgun and I got two with one shot.I've been contemplating taking two with one shot with my bow. Could have completely emptied my quiver last year but choose not to. Where I hunt it's not hard and this place I hunt is really only to satisfy the 2 doe rule before your second buck.
I was sitting in my friends old shed and passed on a nice buck after I pulled the aroow back. I decided next year he should look really good. Anyway, he gave me numurous shots that morning and while I was watching him, I could hear deer right outside of the shed eating. Then a little guy popped out in front of the door about 10 feet away, so i dropped him. Then there more popped into view in the same spotas I loaded another arrow. So I shot the big doe in front. As she bolted in the opposite direction of the little guy, the two other deer stepped up into the same spot. They looked in the direction of the little guy and then in the direction of big momma as I reloaded another arrow. As I thought about shooting one of them, I decided to wait and save the spot in case I needed a few more quickies later on in the season. I got out of the shed, walked up to my freinds house, 100' away and told him about it. We had a good laugh and he said he looked for my in one of his trees but didn't see me. I told him about my stand screw up and that I just jumped into his shed. He said good move, you could do it all day and shoot deer. Anyway, we pulled both deer out of the woods and started to make breakfast. It wasn't 5 mins when one of the 6 pointers came right across his yard and you guessed it, right in front of that shed.

Quick Reply: 2 deer 1 sit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.