Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Easton Tracer Nock (Short Tutorial Video) >

Easton Tracer Nock (Short Tutorial Video)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton Tracer Nock (Short Tutorial Video)

Old 08-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Easton Tracer Nock (Short Tutorial Video)

Okay guys, I took the time this evening to do a little tutorial on the Tracer Nock. Actually I did it this morning too but I messed up and had my boom mic plugged into my GL2 but did not turn it on. If it wasn't plugged in the camera mic would have took over so I didn't get a single bit of audio.

Thusly I took the whole video again this evening which was better because of the lower light. This morning it was too bright to see it actually light and happen.

This is just a very short video as I took 6 shots with the nock. The nock lit 2 of 5 shots and light on impact on the 6th shot. I shot 4 at my 40 yard deer and 2 at my 30 yard coyote from my deck.

I honestly think the reason it didn't light was placement of my magnet that activates the nock as you will see in the video.

It did however light on the very first shot.

CLICK ME FOR VIDEO!

I'm working on getting the full video up on Photobucket but for now it's just the tutorial and first shot.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton Tracer Nock (Short Tutorial Video)

Nice video. I like that nock better than the lumenok, The lomenock leaves some groves on the back of the arrow after being shot, I don't like that.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I think your magnet may be too low?? I have never had one malfunction with the nocks not turning on, it could be too close to the riser as well..?? Not sure you cant really tell from the video, but I cant believe they are not turning on for you??

Maybe a bad nock?? Hopefully its just a misplaced magnet?? None the less aint these things awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much do the Tracers weigh?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Rob, I think your magnet may be too low?? I have never had one malfunction with the nocks not turning on, it could be too close to the riser as well..?? Not sure you cant really tell from the video, but I cant believe they are not turning on for you??

Maybe a bad nock?? Hopefully its just a misplaced magnet?? None the less aint these things awesome!!!!!!!!
The magnet is definately not too low. It's sitting right on the Berger buttons/holes in the riser exactly where my arrow passes across the riser.

I'm wondering if the riser is too far away from the riser/rest. I'll experiment on locations for the magent. I may have to put it on the rest itself...? If I can?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

How much do the Tracers weigh?
On my digital scale, 29 grains.

The standard nock weighs 12 grains.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to be using some of the new Firenocks this year. They're pretty sweet.No magnets to mess with.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice work with the video. Bow's kinda noisy though. Just kidding, not pushing any buttons here.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Rob,
Do they really help you see your arrow in flight?My eyes have gotten old and I still have a problem following my arrow with my Diamond Triumph bow. Also, how much do they cost? BTW...your can talk pretty good with a nock in your mouth...maybe you should consider a tv show.....ha!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

I'm going to be using some of the new Firenocks this year. They're pretty sweet.No magnets to mess with.
Me too. You can also choose nock color which is field replaceable and batteries are field replaceable as well.

Quick Reply: Easton Tracer Nock (Short Tutorial Video)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.