Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

its a toss-up

Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: its a toss-up

yes i have i did not mean a house or car. i meant hunting stuff fishing stuff.
smal stuff.
when i was a kid my parents owned a computer store. we had people that came in and asked what something was worth. we would tell them it is worth half of what they paid for it a few monthsbefore. i would tell themnext time buy what they wanted.
NOw i see a house as an investment.
I would not buy a new car say a chevy when i want a ford because the chevy is going to be worth more one day if i want to sell it
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

i do not understand why people worry about something holding value. to me when you do that you know you well be selling it and buying another soon. everything looses value some more then others. but buy what you want not what will sell for more later.
Ever bought a house?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656
My answer was how about i go pistol wipe the guy with the butt of my Mossberg and take my 10 bucks back.
Hope thats a snub nosed 38.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol no i ws thinking about the buttend of my mossberg 500 12ga
ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656
My answer was how about i go pistol wipe the guy with the butt of my Mossberg and take my 10 bucks back.
Hope thats a snub nosed 38.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only advice is if someone says 'you should buy XXX' without offering any other options.....take it with a grain of salt. There are quite a few great bows out there, no matter what your standards are.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if you've decided that that's the only two bows for you, then I say the Katera.

But if you're open to other options, take a look at the Elite Z28 and GT500.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

i do not understand why people worry about something holding value. to me when you do that you know you well be selling it and buying another soon. everything looses value some more then others. but buy what you want not what will sell for more later.
Ever bought a house?
Everything loses value?? I bought my Switchback back in May of '06, used, for $600. I just sold it on ebay 3 weeks ago for.......$600. Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Oh, and if my dad did that with my bow I would WANT to do something about it...but he's dad, and you don't mess with dad!! He'd know I wasn't happy though!

GMMAT-this is not directed at you.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Why would your dad just take your bow and give it to some guy without talking to you?
he likes to schmooze (spell check) the customer into givin him more business..............im not really mad about because i have said i was kinda wanting a new bow so its alrite, although i wish he wouldnt have done this a month b4 opening day
Gives your bow away? Isn't that a rather strange set of circumstances? Just takes YOUR bow and gives it to a potential customer?Oh well, get a Katera then.I just hope he doesn' wind up giving it away.[8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot both and liked both a lot. I ended up with the Katera when it was all said and done, but either way you can't go wrong.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

well today i went to shoot my bow and when i opened up by bowcase it wasnt there! i knew immediately wat happened....i called my dad and asked which customer had he given it to this time and he said some guy whos name i do not know........this kinda sucks but im used to it as it has happened 3 times b4......the good part is that i have been wanting a new bow, so what should i get, a mathews DXT or hoyt katera (no bowtech)
Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: JPMHUNTER

Go with the Mathews DXT! By far the best bow on the market.
tehee love itall the commercials say the same thing

Quick Reply: its a toss-up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.