Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

its a toss-up

Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: its a toss-up

Steven, what bow shop do you go to? Do you come in town to B&B?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ive gone there b4 but this time im goin to either lexington(big river archery) or rogers sporting goods in liberty
Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Both the DXT and Katera are nice, I shot both and chose the former, but nothing wrong with the Hoyt either, just depends what suits you. If you're interested in a General, I'd wait.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

ive gone there b4 but this time im goin to either lexington(big river archery) or rogers sporting goods in liberty
Well let me know if you want someone to go and shoot them with you. Id be more than happy to help you out if i have the time!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well let me know if you want someone to go and shoot them with you. Id be more than happy to help you out if i have the time!
lol alrite man
Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hope it is his pocket the new bow will come out of.
My dad has done that a few times. usually i come out ahead in the end

Why would your dad just take your bow and give it to some guy without talking to you?
he likes to schmooze (spell check) the customer into givin him more business..............im not really mad about because i have said i was kinda wanting a new bow so its alrite, although i wish he wouldnt have done this a month b4 opening day
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

This could become a long thread! What you need to do is just go to at least two or three different pro shops in your area, and shoot a few different bows at each shop. I did this when I bought a new bow a couple of years ago, and it's definitely the right thing to do. Shoot different brands....Matthews, Hoyt, Bear (don't laugh), Martin, PSE etc.

There are a lot of good bows on the market right now from each of these brands. Shoot several and see which one fits your grip best. See which one seems to be the quietest. See which one has the best balance in your hand. If you hunt treestands a lot, consider a shorter axle to axle bow. Also look at the accessories that go with each bow...sometimes these can help you make your mind up on which one to ultimately go with.

I hate seeing young hunters get focused on only two different bows when they are fixing to make an investment that could be with them for a number of years. Both of those brands are great, but think outside the box. Even if, after shooting a number of different bows you still decide to go with one of the two that you mentioned, you will still be happier that you shot a number of different bows before deciding. I settled on a Hoyt, and love it!!

My thoughts!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Spike

Go with the Mathews DXT! By far the best bow on the market.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Mathews.............. Switchback XT
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM

I really would shoot and consider the X-Force ( PSE ). Their only problem is they don't hold value like a Mathews or Bowtech... Out of the Hoyt or Mathews , I would say DXT... They are sweet.

MET

Quick Reply: its a toss-up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.