Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to see...

Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to see...

Most of my youth was spenttrying forwallhangers in an enclosure less than 3 acres. Yeah it was small, and they couldn't get away, but that didn't make it easy.I still take my sons there a few times a year. Nothing like fishing a good farm pond.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would never go on a hunt where the kill was guaranteed. I agree with the above posters that say hunting free ranging animals on large acre fenced areas, such as 5000+ acres is not really a canned hunt.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I have. Because it's legal and I can.

For the record I did not kill a deer. Ranch was 8000 acres.

This thread alone, due to the poor response tell me that most of you are talking out of your asses about hunting high fence. If every one of the holier than thou hunters had hunted a legitimate high fence operation and not a 30 acre pen, then you would have a right to run your mouth about them. I would bet that most of you would come back having eaten humble pie.

If you hunted one of the 30 acre pens expecting to have a fair chase hunt well.......that's all I have to say about that.
Sounds to me like a bit of a guilty conscience.[8D]

Your first sentence would have been enough of an answer to suffice. No need to go bashing.

LT "never" is a really long time.....
Yes, and it means the same to me as "forever". I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Interesting responses.

LT
Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hogs are the only animal I would hunt in a pen. Why you ask? For the meat I say. I'll shoot a hog in a barnyard pen for the meat. They have to be put down before they are butchered.
I did not say going to pick up lunch Rob.[8D]Oh, but I guess that's what high fence hunting is, huh?I guess instead of Mr. Butt's Pulled Pork Sandwiches it could be Mr. Backstrap's Bar b Que Bambi.

LT
Old 08-06-2008, 11:28 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

High fenced (cannedor big acres )isn'tfor me... but then baiting for deer, mechanical broadheads, road hunting and party hunting aren't for me either. That is the great thing abouthunting andlife in general...thechoices we can and get tomake. We don'tneed to evenexperience them first handto make a choice for or against.

Never is a really long time. I do like a good bait for trapping and fishingthough. Would have no problem shooting a bear over bait either. I would consider a mechanical broadhead for turkey hunting.Yep the choice of adouble standardisa good thing too.

Tim
Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 AM
Typical Buck

A lot of people think if its a "large" area that it justifies the high fence. That is pure BS. I don't care if its 100,000 acres the fact is that its still fenced. That animalyou killed (if given the chance) might have moved onto another farm or five miles down the road.

The fact is that the fence kept it there. PERIOD!!!

All forms of high fenced hunting should be banned. PERIOD!!! We have enough to fight PETA and the anti's over. The public view is still going to see it as shooting caged animals.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Dominant Buck

maybe to take a younger hunter on a management hunt early season
Thanks.

I've hunted released pheasants on a 60,000 acre preserve in Nebraska (free, to me, also). Fair Chase (no fence), but let's be real. They were certainly easier to kill than wild birds (I'm assuming that).....although I'm sure there were some wild birds in there, as well.

What each person takes away from such an experience is "theirs", period. You wanna hunt over bait? Have at it. If its legal I won't question your means, methods or diminish your accomplishment.

Would I consider it "hunting"? Nope. But hey, that's me. I'm not the one doing it. Each individual is the SOLE arbiter of what he/she derives from their time afield. Translation.....it's personal.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually SNTOM,

The fact is the fence does hinder "them" slightly. My experience has been that the animals move freely from one side to the other. I hunt both sides because I love to hunt! I would hunt an island because I love to hunt. I would hunt a mountain because I love to hunt.Enough said.

LT, Are you on a witch hunt, a lambbasting, or something? If this is not for you, then "why" do you care? Moreover, when people are honest. you lash out at them. Why? Leave it be buddy! Let's go kill an elk!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

If this is not for you, then "why" do you care?
I guess we should all check our signatures.

I was waiting for your response, Will. You still coming?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have to go with "never" also.

Of course I've "never" done herion either maybe I would like that too.

Ishunting in a pen only for those whom are directionally challenged.[:-]

Quick Reply: Time to see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.