Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to see...

Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Time to see...

PT....Kinda remind you of the Jim Zumbo incident?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

PT....Kinda remind you of the Jim Zumbo incident?
please elaborate ....
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Jim Zumbo was quoted, last year, saying he didn't see a need for assault type weapons.....and that he wouldn't be upset if they were banned.

He lost a LOT of sponsors...and was damn near railroaded out of the industry, until he publicly apologized several times. Hell he even had to endure Uncle Ted berating him on national TV in a backhanded manner over his comments.

He learned a valuable lesson through it all.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

never hunted HF
Old 08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim Zumbo was quoted, last year, saying he didn't see a need for assault type weapons.....and that he wouldn't be upset if they were banned.

He lost a LOT of sponsors...and was damn near railroaded out of the industry, until he publicly apologized several times. Hell he even had to endure Uncle Ted berating him on national TV in a backhanded manner over his comments.

He learned a valuable lesson through it all

Yeah, he learned a valuable lesson alright. If you ain't a sack rider, you may lose your good reputation. Whatever. If he had the balls to say it to begin with, he should have stuck to it and told Ted to kiss his pale, pasty butt. When you succumb to lo life crap like that, you ought to have your rights taken away.

By the way, why do people own Assault Weapons? I know we have the right to bear arms, but is that not a little overkill? (pardon the pun) I mean can you not kill just as many people with a Remington Wingmaster?

LT

Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

If you plan on hunting Africa, you will hunt high fence.
That is not true at all. Yes a lot of South Africa and some of Namibia is, but there is hardly any in Zambia, Botswana, Tanzania or any of thecentral africancountries.

Other than thatI agree with you post..
Old 08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Yeah, he learned a valuable lesson alright. If you ain't a sack rider, you may lose your good reputation. Whatever. If he had the balls to say it to begin with, he should have stuck to it and told Ted to kiss his pale, pasty butt. When you succumb to lo life crap like that, you ought to have your rights taken away.

By the way, why do people own Assault Weapons? I know we have the right to bear arms, but is that not a little overkill? (pardon the pun) I mean can you not kill just as many people with a Remington Wingmaster?

LT
Trying to open up another can, LT? [:-]
Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

They just don't get it, PT.

You're either WITH us....or against us.

It's THAT FREAKIN SIMPLE.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

With Who? I am not for anything that is immoral, illegal, unhealthy, harmful to the public, harmful to me or my family, or yours for that matter. So Who? are we talking about? Do I think Assault weapons are harmful? Yes in the wrong hands. So is a million other things. Wrong is wrong and right is right. There are no gray areas. What would Ted say if someone said they wouldn't mind if Rock and Roll was banned because it caused hearing loss? None of us have to be berated by anyone for anything. We do have to answer for what we do though. You will reap what you sow.

Trying to open up another can, LT?
Might as well PT. Jeff ain't got nothing better to do.

LT
Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

LT
Yea but you wouldn't look as cool with an old pump gun as a punk in black trench coat with two 30 rounders taped together heading for the gym class locker room.
Its all about appearance don't ca know.

Quick Reply: Time to see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.