Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

release issues

Old 08-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default release issues

i have been running my mistakes or problems through my head from last year.
One issue is easy do not wear blue jeans. lol

One big issue is my release.
i missed twice one was because on my release.

I saw a deer come in toward my right i reached for my bow which was hanging on the tree. he saw me i got the bow down clipped my release on. he saw me do that.
He looked away and i figure i am not going to get the chance to turn then draw so i draw my bow back.when iam all the way to my left side he sees me draw. He looks me down hard then looks away. i slowly in one motion turn to aim he runs alitte up a trail and turns broadside.

Perfect shot broadside alittle away. but there is a tree 50% on his neck and 50% on his vitals. i could have shot and got him but one inch left i hit the guts one inch right i hit the tree or his neck and do not kill him.

Shooting him and not killing him or a gut shot is not an option for me on my first bow shot on a deer.
I went to let my draw down to see if he would move. when i did i moved my finger from in-front of my release to the back of it when i did.
i shot over or under him not sure and i never found my arrow.

So here is the issue i think my trigger is just to hairy for hunting.
can a release be to loose for hunting. i mean this thing you can nearly blow on and it goes off.
When i draw i must keep my finger behind the release to help keep it from going off.
should i which release or is it just normal.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: release issues

I shoot a T.R.U Ball and the trigger on mine is adjustable. If you think your release is too touch, check to see if you can adjust your trigger. If not, maybe looking into getting a release that does have an adjustable trigger.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

might do that
ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I shoot a T.R.U Ball and the trigger on mine is adjustable. If you think your release is too touch, check to see if you can adjust your trigger. If not, maybe looking into getting a release that does have an adjustable trigger.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey guys if i go with a new release is that going to change my sighting will i need to move my pins