Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's august.  Do you know where the meat's going? >

It's august. Do you know where the meat's going?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's august. Do you know where the meat's going?

Old 08-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's august. Do you know where the meat's going?

Get in my belly!!! That meat is going on my plate, right by the mashed taters and peas! I spread the wealth within my family and if I have too much, I give it to a couple of buddies who can't kill a deer to save their life. If they were Indians, they'd be the ones makin my head dresses and cookin my dinner!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of my employees takes about 3 deer. Friends take 1 and I take 1 of course I take care of me first.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

I could easily go through more deer than I kill. I'll be asking others for their deer if they don't want them.

On the other hand, I need about 50 more families that want dead carp. Anybody? Anybody?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Christine, do you bowfish those "flying carp" up there on the Illinois River? I saw that on tv the other day, its definitely something to see!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:55 PM

If I get to go hunting this year and am lucky enough to get a deer i'm the only one that will eat the meat My mom hates the taste,same with my sister and my dad would eat some of it. might give some to my uncle. but you can only get 1 deer a year in wa unless you get drawn for another one.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Set up a carp stand on the Southside of Chicago and sell them $1.00 a pound.

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I could easily go through more deer than I kill. I'll be asking others for their deer if they don't want them.

On the other hand, I need about 50 more families that want dead carp. Anybody? Anybody?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

On another note ..... if any of you donate meat to needy families or churches ..... process the deer first!! It kills me every year how many deer I have to help families and pastors butcher because someone dropped of a dead deer ...poorly dressed in most cases, to folks in need. Butcher the deer or get it butchered .......
How do you feel about my situation? I stated i dont even have to skin my deer... they do that with pleasure, and they can the meat, which i dont even know how to do.... just curious as to your thoughts.

And just toadd, at $50 a deer, I dont have the funds myself, Which is why I give so many of mine away, because I cant afford to process them myself.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, we go after the jumping silvers on the river. Haven't been out on the river yet this year. (too much rain) I did shoot some silvers from shore, even one as it was jumping. (well, it jumped and hit a log and I shot it as it slid off the log. it counts. kind of.)

It's fun, but it gets old fast. Only so many times you can get smacked by a big slimy fish and still be entertained by it.

130woodman, we do give a lot of them away. It's illegal to sell fish taken by bowfishing. Trust me, if I could... I would.

Mostly, my corn and tomatoes are really happy and it gives me an excuse to dig bigholes with the tractor.

-Hijack over.-
Old 08-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want to pickup a chest freezer before the season starts. I'm tired of running out of venison by the time the next season rolls around. I figure if I take 1 more deer that should carry me till the following season. I just need a place to store it. LOL