Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Practicing with slick tricks! >

Practicing with slick tricks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Practicing with slick tricks!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Practicing with slick tricks!

Based on what alot of you have said, these will be the broadheads I use this year. Ordering some very soon.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM

you won't besorry Brett.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope Landon. I liked the MX-3's but the farther I shot, the more they became undpredictable. I am excited about the Slick Tricks.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

I have only takenmy new DXT out shooting 2X so far. 1st time to sight in 2nd time to shoot BH(slicktricks) they where almost perfect to FP(less then 1" @ 20 yds). I know once I tune it up they will be right on. You cant go wrong with these heads.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the DXT as well! I have had mine for a couple of months and I love it! I paid $50 to enter a shooting contest and I took first so thats how I ended up with mine

These heads have a really big cutting diameter as well so that makes them even better! and there blades are razor sharp to!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

They fly exactly like my field points.

The only bad thing about practicing with Slick Tricks is that they are just BRUTAL on your target. They leave big holes, and they take huge chunks out of your target when you remove them (since the back edge isn't angled).

Luckily, since they do fly so good, you don't have to take very many practice shots to realize that they're "on".
Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm looks like those "in the know" use the slickies.

I'm not really in the know, someone named Dan just said there was a party over here and pointed me this way.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

The only bad thing about practicing with Slick Tricks is that they are just BRUTAL on your target. They leave big holes, and they take huge chunks out of your target when you remove them (since the back edge isn't angled).

Luckily, since they do fly so good, you don't have to take very many practice shots to realize that they're "on".
What kind of broadhead target do you have? I just got the new buckmasters field point and broadhead target and it doesn't tear it if you pull them streight out.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

What kind of broadhead target do you have? I just got the new buckmasters field point and broadhead target and it doesn't tear it if you pull them streight out.
I have a Yellowjacket. The broadheads get hung up on the cardboard inside and its's a real pain to get them out.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats weird!

Quick Reply: Practicing with slick tricks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.