Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery related injury? >

Archery related injury?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery related injury?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Archery related injury?

I've been practicing with my bow every other day for a ASA archery tournament this coming weekend when my elbow (drawing arm) started popping and hurting. I don't think I'll be able to participate inthis tournament or any other archery related tournament for awhile. I just hope my arm get better before archery season...[X(] Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so, how long did it take your armto heal?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery related injury?

I've been fighting tendonitis and shoulder problems for years. When it hurts enough I rest it. My collar bone is permanently seperated from my shoulder. It just kinda floats there. Doc said if he reattached it I would most likely have greater problems down the road.
It is pretty neat to show people how it floats around!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

i have had shoulder problems myself for 3 years now. after about 12 shots im done.ishould only haveto shot once on the feild. hope all do well with all the pains. good luck guys.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm going on over 10 years of shoulder problems from bow hunting. i've had bad constant pain in my shoulder for 10 years straight! pain only gets better when i lay down. I finally had surgery back in december to implant a medical device that at least helps with the pain. "how long did it take me to heal" you ask? I wish I knew

my issue is very strange though, I've been examined by some of the best shoulder docs in the country and they don't know why i have the pain.

I also had elbow surgery in december and i'm just now feeling ok to shoot the bow again. i don't think my elbow problem is the same as yours though. I didn't have clicking, i had a pinched ulnar nerve (they moved my 'funny bone' nerve to the top of my elbow).

get it checked out and do what the dr.'s say!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:14 PM

I was gettin' some shoulder bursitis I think a little while back and I thought I could work thru it. Seems like the repetition of shooting makes it worse so you might just need a break for a while.
Sometimes they say pain can be the result of incorrect form as well?? I changed my bow arm a bit so my shoulder sits lower and the pain hasn't come back so maybe my form wasn't so good at the time?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's those blasted smoke broadheads, switch to slick tricks andthey'll fix the problem.Seriously though, rest it and use lots of ice. Getting old sucks.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:26 PM

You guys probaly have pains that are older than I am.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

My shoulder was messed up pretty much all of last fall. A pinched nerve, and tendonitis. I just gave it time and rest. Stopped playing baseball, and shooting my bow for around 4 months. After that it was back to normal. Not sure about that with your elbow though, good luck with it.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

I've had Tendonitis in my shoulder, Doc advised rest and 800 mg of Ibuprofin twice a day.

So I figured, I can certainly handle that on my own...
Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bow shoudler got banged up for a few weeks, as a result of shooting too short of a DL.

Quick Reply: Archery related injury?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.