Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction? >

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Old 07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

i had a girl break up with me when i was about 15 because i went tree rat hunting with a buddy she said hunting was wrong and immoral funny thing she said this at McDonald's
Old 07-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Mine lets me play. But hates the cost. She understands that I have an addiction problem. She may be an enabler.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Any girll that i date knows exactly what they are getting into!

I happen to be dating a girl whos dad is a big farmer. Owns like 2000 acres and farms like 7000....convenient!
Does she have an older sister?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I happen to be dating a girl whos dad is a big farmer. Owns like 2000 acres and farms like 7000....convenient!
If you were not born with someone looking after you above.. I don't know anyone who is.

About my wife. She's as cool as a cucumber. The greatest supporter of myself I have ever met (next to my grandmother).

She has always known bow hunting is my mistress.. and she's always been okay with it.. in fact jokes about it all the time.

She loves to fish with me.. and I love to fish with her. It's what we do together.. but when it's November she knows to just let me be alone. Until I get home.. anyway..
Old 07-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha.. my girl asked me if I "caught" a turkey yet, this spring
Old 07-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Get her out there and get her involved. My wife wasn't a deer hunter, but was comfortable with guns and would shoot varmints out of her garden. A few years ago I got her interested in my x-bow. She started going with me. After I've shot one, I sit with her in the ground blind for the rest of the season and we have a great time.

Re: the money, we review finances at the end of every month. Whatever surplus (after bills are paid) there is gets split 3 ways: me, her, our savings. She does what she wants with her money, no questions asked. I do what I want with mine. We have my guns and bow, her guns and bow, and 'our' guns and bow. I'll bring a shootin' iron home from a gun show and ask her 'do you want in on it?' If so, she foots half the bill. If not, it's mine.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Wife thinks I'm an idiot (she may be right LOL), calls me when I am on stand hunting, and just plain puts on the 'mean face' when I go shoot, scout, or hunting.
She usually gets over it about 15 mins after I come home with meat for the freezer though!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is great about it, she knows that when the season rolls around I will be in the woods. Generally speaking she is the one picking out the expensive hunting equipment for me. As far as the food goes I'm pretty much on my own, and don't even think of getting her up at 4am either. All in all though she is extremely supportive.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Typical Buck

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN I FIRST GOT MARRIED I HAD STOPPED HUNTING DUE TO SCHOOL THEN WORK. AFTER A YEAR OF MARRIAGE SHE TOLD ME I NEEDED TO GET BACK INTO HUNTING SHE HAD SEEN THE MOUNTS AT MY FAMILYS CABIN. I GOT BACK INTO IT AND THIS TIME STARTED BOW HUNTING WHICH I FELL IN LOVE WITH ALSO. WE WENT THROUGH A SHORT ROUGH TIME LIKE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. HOWEVER, I FIGURED IF I WANTED TO STAY MARRIED I NEEDED TO UNDERSTAND HER AND FEED THE BEAST WITHIN ME. I TAKE A SATURDAY RIGHT BEFORE THE SEASON OPENS AND WE GO TO DINNER AND A MOVIE WITHOUT THE KIDS. I SPEND ALL DAY WITH HER DOING WHAT SHE LIKES TO DO. DURING THE SEASON I MAKE IT A POINT TO MEET HER FOR LUNCH ONCE DURING THE WEEK AND ON SUNDAYS I FIX BREAKFEAST FOR US OR WE GO OUT BEFORE CHURCH. SHE KNOWS THAT BY 2 PM I WILL BE IN THE WOODS. I ALSO MAKE IT A POINT TO SEND HER FLOWERS ONCE DURING THE SEASON. I WASH MY OWN HUNTING CLOTHES BECOUSE SHE HAS PLENTY TO DO WITHOUT THEM PLUS I HAVE MY OWN WAY OF TAKING CARE OF THEM. LAST YEAR I HUNTED 110 DAYS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. I'M ON MY 14TH YEAR OF MARRIAGE AND FEEL THIS SEASON WILL BE LIKE LAST YEAR. JUST GIVE HER A LITTLE TIME ALSO AND FOR AS PHONE CALLS JUST TELL HER YOUR PHONE WILL BE OFF TO PREVENT SPOOKING DEER AND YOU WILL CALL HER ONCE OUT OF THE WOODS. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.