Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction? >

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Same here ron, but I think she's gettin better with it because she knows she aint changin my ways. I told her straight up before we got too serious that come October 15 and especially March 15, my time is my time, and I'm gonna hunt. She has started watchin the outdoor channel with me now, when before she would roll her eyes and make comments about how it's so sad and pointless, she was just a tad jealous I believe. Matter of fact, she asked for some camouflage not to long ago and says she wants to go with me a few times this year. But I'll tell you right now, as soon as she walks out to the truck with makeup on, earrings, a pink toboggan, and her purse, it aint gonna last long . It'll be fun though, and I couldn't be any happier .
Old 07-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mofireman

My wife of 17 years is soooooo used to an upcoming hunting season that she begins to prepare "mentally" before I even say anything about it! She knew when we first met that I am passionate about my deer hunting, and it took a number of years for her to realize that I wasn't about to give it up for some girl. Finally, she just came to the realization that it's just going to be a part of out lives, and she'd be best off just to learn to deal with it.

Now, I very seldom ever hear any negative comments about my time in the field, as it's just become a normal part of each and every year! She totally gets that I'm happy when I'm out there doing my thing and she doesn't want me to give that up. Like many of you, I also try my best to make sure that she gets her alone time and that I'm not hounding herwhen she getsher hair done for the second time in as many months. My momma didn't raise no fool!!!!!

Does she get up at 0400 and make me some breakfast before I leave the house? That's the funniest thing I've heard! Heck no! If I even try and open the closet door to get a pair of long john's, she's throwing the alarm clock at me. She does not like to be woken up at all, let alone to fix me breakfast! She's pretty strong willed....and I love her!
hahaha, same here. I know not to even think about rollin her over and tellin her I'm leaving, she'll smack me in the nose and keep on snorin without missin a beat! Hopefully I won't be hit by any alarm clocks anytime soon, haha!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is pretty supportive as long as she gets her time away too. If I want to go on a week long hunting trip, I have to send her someplace warm for a week. She either goes to Florida or Jamaica with her girl friends. She makes sure it's equal.

She's pretty cool though. She's a great mom, she'sfrickin' hot, she has a good job, and she's a helluva fisherman.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM

mine loves to hunt almost as much as i do

Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 PM

she also loves fishing too
Old 07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

pretty sh*teee!

I'm waiting for that stage where they are happy you get out of the house. [8D]
Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I'M NOT ADDICTED.... I CAN STOP ANYTIME, IF I WANTED TOO
Old 07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Well right now I have 3 girlfriends, Huntingirl, Sunset and Christine..... They all love it. LOL[8D]
Old 07-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

my wife is 100% ok with it she hunts to
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Host of Hosts

my wife has no problem with my hunting or my shooting in general. She has come to the realization that it's who I am. We had a few problems in the beginning while newlyweds, but that was a long time ago.

Quick Reply: How do your wives/gf's feel about your addiction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.