Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do u all think of us young hunters??? >

what do u all think of us young hunters???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do u all think of us young hunters???

Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do u all think of us young hunters???

I'm 34 and I feel like a fossil fuel now...
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM

I think young hunters are just super

No seriously, I am one of them, and I appreciate the nice comments. It's always good to feel the love

To answer your question Steven, I don't think age is really what people are judged by on here. After spending some time on here, you start to get a "feel" for each other. You know who has experiance, who's laid down slammers, and who has extensive knowledge in certain areas. There are people here with more knowledge from mature buck stratagies to paper tuning than we realize, I'm sure.

Overall, age isn't the facor. Respect and Maturity are.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 PM

I enjoy the enthusiasim.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

On here, if it's a "hunting" related question, I'm all ears. You can't learn too much, and I'd rather just learn through reading.

When it comes to actual archery, I'd like to think I have a little leg up on some of the competition.

Some people like me (I hope ) and then there are a few I know that don't [&:]. One in particular, over something extremely silly.

I would like to think I've come a long way though.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Prime example (Matt is) of a fine young man on this site that most of us can learn from. He can shoot his arrowsand is mature way beyond his yrs.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

honestly, what do u guys think whenever us young hunters post(rory, whitetailbowhunter,will, caleb and myself).....such as we know a lot but have no experience and isnt someone who u can take advice from, or we talk like we know so much but actually know very little and shouldnt be tellin people what to do or how to hunt or...... are we just like other people on here who u can take advice and listen to...please answer honestly, i was just wanting to know what u guys thought of us
To tell you the truth, I have a hard time remembering who is old, who is young, etc. So I guess it makes no difference in my posts.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Prime example (Matt is) of a fine young man on this site that most of us can learn from. He can shoot his arrowsand is mature way beyond his yrs.

He's come a long way from Cougars09. Matt, just stop trying too hard, relax and enjoy, you'll burn out.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like seeing the young guys on this site. Seeing the level of excitement and commitment to bowhunting to be on here as much as you are shows that you truly love the sport and will carry the torch for future generations.

As far as advice goes, I've learned that the most cagey veteran can be completely full of poop and the young and inexperienced can have some refreshing new ideas. So, I read everyone's posts and try to see how they will apply to my hunting situation. Any little thing that could help is considered.