Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many bucks do you see, every year? >

How many bucks do you see, every year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many bucks do you see, every year?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many bucks do you see, every year?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

How many bucks do you see, from stand -last year, bigger than this one?

How many have you seen, on average, every year......bigger than this one?

Me.....I saw ONE buck in each of the last two seasons (1 in '06 and 1 in '07) bigger than this one.

Would this make a difference in whether or not you would take this buck, or not (If you hunted in such an area)?

For S's and G's.....how many bucks have you taken (with your bow) bigger than this one (score-wise).
Last year I saw 3-4 deer bigger than this one

I see an average of 3-5 deer per year bigger than that one

I've really made a commitment to myself to not shoot a buck this year unless it's my personal best. I get one buck tag in PA and 2 in NY, and I can't shoot a personal best buck if I fill those tags and disturb my best spots shooting a 70-80" buck. So if I were to go the entire season without seeing anything thats bigger than that, and he walked in front of me........he would walk. If I get the itch to make something bleed, I've got plenty of does to whack.

I've taken 2x deer bigger than that with a bow, and 2x deer bigger than that with a gun.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

But I would be looking for a new area or working harder on my hunting skills!!!
GMMAT:

My view on that comment is simple: Some may have a poor hunting area, others may need to work a little harder at finding the better bucks in a given area ( that's what I mean by hunting skills)!!! It could be either or both! And yes, it could also be there not there at all, in which case I'd punt or shoot!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

My view on that comment is simple: Some may have a poor hunting area, others may need to work a little harder at finding the better bucks in a given area ( that's what I mean by hunting skills)!!! It could be either or both!
Understood. I just always cringe when I hear someone say that....and I really appreciate your follow-up.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

I seen maybe 10 bucks bigger than him on stand last year. I have only shot one deer with my bow and he was 138 1/8. And no I would not shoot him. BUT you live in a different state than me, if this is a big deer to you and you do not get the opportunity to shoot anything bigger than him. THEN LET EM FLY>>>
Old 07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well shoot... Theres elk that come under my stand so why worry about the deer.

I already a buck walk under me this year while I was sittin in my stand. Well he's a pretty small deer so I have probably seen around... 25 to 30 that were bigger than that. The biggest was a 5x5 probably in the 130s to 140 class buck.