Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How about some pointers on this >

How about some pointers on this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How about some pointers on this

Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default How about some pointers on this

First of all I know how difficult it is to judge the topography of a piece of land just by a picture, but Im hoping by the tree lines and my notes would tell a little about this property. Landon (Vabowman) and his buddy came to walk it last weekend, JoeyG (Joe) walked it with me a week before...and im still waiting for Brett. I wish him the best with the bread in the oven!

Can you help to point out any funnels, or hot spots to set up on from this aerial picture. It borders a huge creek, averaging 4-8 ft at times through the summer and winter. The red dots are where my stand setups are, but I still have a few to hang. The land across the creek is heavily pressured by dogs annually. Its where a bunch of old school dog hunting people and a hunt club run their dogs.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How about some pointers on this

If I had to pick ONE spot on that map. Take the red dot (stand location) at the end of the s in food plots and move it into that funnel.

Can you still see the food plot and that trail (white line) at the same time. That one jumps out at me. I'll look at it a little more.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

If I had to pick ONE spot on that map. Take the red dot (stand location) at the end of the s in food plots and move it into that funnel.

Can you still see the food plot and that trail (white line) at the same time. That one jumps out at me. I'll look at it a little more.
X2 My thoughts To
Old 07-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That stand is in an old hickory tree about 20 yrds from edge of food plot and on top of two destinct trails. There was a nice 8 pt seen there about 3 times rubbing every sappling he could find.

I actually killed the only two bucks last year at the red dot between bottom field and creek. There is a trail and a crossing withing 35 yrds. It seems as if they are traveling up and down the creek bank on my side...alot
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think your in good shape. The deer trails are actually somewhat telling you of the funnels. Both ends of the field where you have stands shown in the dark green. The ridgeline down and along the creek. Your in good shape.