Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you get your deer out of the woods >

How do you get your deer out of the woods

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you get your deer out of the woods

Old 07-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you get your deer out of the woods

Ditto here, no more dragging for us old guys......
ORIGINAL: CNYhunter

I drag them with my partner to the neatest four wheeler trail and then go get the four wheeler. We drag them using a rope and one of those drag belts you can get at any outdoor store.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

POLARIS 500 H.0. in Realtree camo w/the "silent" muffler! Git 'er done!!

Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

We drag all of our deer out by hand with a rope tied to the neck or rack (depending on time of year). If its a heavy one we'll get a stick and tie the rope to the middle of the stick so 2 of us can pull at the same time. When dragging a huge bear out we'll put another stick in between the people in front pulling and the bear and add 2 more people pulling then. Otherwise quartering it out works also.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Up at my Cabin we use the Ranger, this thing goes anywhere! On public land here in Wisconsin your not allowed to drive vehicles on the trails where I hunt or in the fields so its a good drag, sometimes by myself or buddies will help if there in the area! I'll choke the front legs up around the neck and head and drag from there. This keeps the front legs out of the way from getting hung up on trees etc...

Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

[quote]I'll choke the front legs up around the neck and head and drag from there. This keeps the front legs out of the way from getting hung up on trees etc[/quote

BHF, I do this also, forgot to mention that.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Site Buck Guru

For over the past decade, when I couldn't drive up to the deer after a short drag, I've used a two-wheeled deer cart. It goes through everything.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found that those kids sleds that roll up like a newspaper work really good! Tie a rope around them and the sled and drag away! i rode one down a hill one time!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm kind of confused as to why you drag the deer out of the woods. Is it illegal to leave the remains in the woods where you live? Is it what other people door you were taught to do, so thats what you do? Not trying to start an argument but it takes me about 45 minutes to cape and block my deer out. I then load it all up in my pack and carry it out. What little of the remains that are left behind, are gone in a few day's, with some happy scavengers running around.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my safety harness and tie it around the deers head sometimes, then just pull it out. Another great way to do it that doesn't stress your hands out is to tie your deer to your portable tree climber on the way out. Then all you have to do is walk, no leaning over to one side thereby potentially injuring your back.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 PM

I've used a wheelbarrow in the past, it's tough.This year I have a gamecart.

Quick Reply: How do you get your deer out of the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.