Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinion

Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 PM

Default Opinion

I was reading the post about buddies and wanted to get some opinions. My cousin married this guy spring 07' and well we got to know each other and I found we had alot in comin. He was use to hunting private land and I hunt mosly public. He ask to tag along so I took him on many occasions and as usual I moved to different places and put him in in good spots but not my best spots(since I did do all the work scouting)

Anyway one day as I was leaving the woods I approached his tree only to find he was not there. As I went on to the truck thinking he might be there I saw him walking around in the woods. I yelled hey over here and we left.

A few days later I went hunting in the middle of the week only to find his truck parked where I usually park and as I go on to my spot I find you guessed it Richard.He played it to only an accident and he was sorry about it.

Then one day I was at WalMart with him and while he was in the store I pick up his gps off his dash and turned it on only to find that all season he had been marking my spots and using the same names I used.
He is in the family so keep that in mind as-well as the fact that he has convinced them all that he is GOD...
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opinion

It's hard to say....family involved, but if it was my family (my brother in law), I would tell him to stay away from my spots and to find his own...I also hunt alone alot these days anyways unless I am guiding someone, but I don't do it for family, so I don't have to deal with issues like that. I have 2 brother in laws that think they are GODS gift to hunting and camping in general...so I don't give them to much to work with...after all they are now it alls...
Old 07-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

If you'll cut his hamstring.......he'll never be able to get to his left side.

He'll quit the game.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

All you can do is ask him to respect your spots. You did mention that its public land so he has just as much right to be there. Its pretty crappy that he did that to you.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Key Words= Public Land. Unless you specifically asked him to stay clear of the spots you tend to hunt (they are not "your spots") then you don't even have an argument. Should it be common sence to him? Yes, but it's obviously not. Talk to him man to man and don't worry about the family stuff.
If I were you I would not tell him you were poking around in his GPS. Thats like looking through a dudes wallet. It's private and you got no business doing it. He may turn Roy D. Mercer on you and give you a "good ole country ars woopin". Goin through another mans GPS without his permission...
Old 07-25-2008, 06:11 AM

how close are ya to your cousin??
Old 07-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

1st and foremost he is not blood. he has no right to hunt on 'your spot' regardless of 'public' land or not. you took him out hunting and he ends up moving in on 'your territory'. he should know better than to cross theline like thatand if he doesnt you should simply tell him.1st try tobe nice but firm and if that doesnt work you need to be a jerk andfirm.

this just mademe think of something and i am goint to start a new thread.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cterbow

1st and foremost he is not blood. he has no right to hunt on 'your spot' regardless of 'public' land or not. you took him out hunting and he ends up moving in on 'your territory'. he should know better than to cross theline like thatand if he doesnt you should simply tell him.1st try tobe nice but firm and if that doesnt work you need to be a jerk andfirm.

this just mademe think of something and i am goint to start a new thread.
I totally disagree. It is PUBLIC land. He could legally hang a stand in the same tree while you arein are hunting in it. It may be wrong as heck but he has the right to do so. He may deserve a butt whipping but it is PUBLIC land.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first problem here is we are talking about public land, so other than calling him out on it, there is not much you can do. But, a few things you can do. 1. Start deleting/changing waypoints in his GPS. 2. Air out his tires next time you find him on your honey hole without you (just let the air out, don't slice his tires). 3. Start talking up some random piece of public hunting ground, the more hunters and less deer there the better.

Good luck dealing with this guy, I am sure you can thing of some more very fun ways to mess with his honey hole stealing ass.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: cterbow

1st and foremost he is not blood. he has no right to hunt on 'your spot' regardless of 'public' land or not. you took him out hunting and he ends up moving in on 'your territory'. he should know better than to cross theline like thatand if he doesn't you should simply tell him.1st try tobe nice but firm and if that doesn't work you need to be a jerk andfirm.

this just mademe think of something and i am going to start a new thread.
I totally disagree. It is PUBLIC land. He could legally hang a stand in the same tree while you arein are hunting in it. It may be wrong as heck but he has the right to do so. He may deserve a butt whipping but it is PUBLIC land.
Public land or not Tx it sounds to me the guy has no respect for the dude who brought him there in the 1st place! He kind of reminds me of a lazy ass!! You do the work and I'll take the rewards. I wonder why he's taging along to begin with? Thats an easy one to figure out why. I'd jump his ass too or just pull out and go some where else by myself.

Quick Reply: Opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.