Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 why not on public land >

why not on public land

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why not on public land

Old 07-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default why not on public land

ButchA made a point in another post i thought i would share on and ask everyone opinion.

I do not like the hunting shows that all they do is kill 200 class deer.
I do not like the shows that hunt places that are more or lesshunting farms.

How come so many of us hate hunting farms IE fence operations, But we have no problem watching them on TV.
I think we all need to make a push to get the shows to at least so some public land hunts, public land where they scout it plant the food plots.

Come on guys we need some realistic hunting.

I love the big buck shots but i love the doe shots just as much.

That is one reason i watch spirit of the wild and getting close at least some of the time they hunt like us
Old 07-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: why not on public land

I've yet to see a show where all they do is shoot 200" bucks. In fact, I may have only ever seen 1-2 200" bucks killed on film EVER.

Most guys DO hate watching fenced shows and complain about it on here every other week or so.

If you planted food plots on public land you could be breaking laws in some states.

Yea, um I do believe uncle ted hunts some fenced operations.
And the Lakosky's hunt very highly managed private farms......so I'm not real sure what you are trying to say?

If you watch enough shows, there are some public land type hunts done, typically out west. When someone is making money to produce lots of footage of deer getting shot, they would mostly all go broke trying to make that happen on public land.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember a drury outdoors show once that showed Craig and Deb Olson. the reason i remember it is because they got out of the doctor went onto public land hung stands and then killed a mature buck. all on fully accessable public land.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 PM

If you want to watch public land hunting on tv, then check out Eastman's Hunting TV (on the Outdoor Channel), as most all of their hunting is DIY on public land. They certainly manage to kill some big animals without the need for high fences...good, informative show and pretty entertaining t'boot.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have seen more then a few 200s shot i think every season at least once lee and tiff each get one
I did not mean 200 as in a 200 inch deer i just meant most shows go after big racks and thats it.
Yes lee and tiff and uncle Ted hunt deer farms but they also hunt there own land alot.
i see Ted miss alot and i see him take alot of small bucks and does to manage his farm.
I understand they get paid to kill deer but once or twice a season make a challenge out of the hunt.

Also i do understand you can not just plant a food plot on govt. land.
i am lucky my public land does it for me. One of my spots are on a corn field.
Two others food plot with clover and some kind of corn looking stuff.
And just found a spot with both corn and bean fields right by each other

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I've yet to see a show where all they do is shoot 200" bucks. In fact, I may have only ever seen 1-2 200" bucks killed on film EVER.

Most guys DO hate watching fenced shows and complain about it on here every other week or so.

If you planted food plots on public land you could be breaking laws in some states.

Yea, um I do believe uncle ted hunts some fenced operations.
And the Lakosky's hunt very highly managed private farms......so I'm not real sure what you are trying to say?

If you watch enough shows, there are some public land type hunts done, typically out west. When someone is making money to produce lots of footage of deer getting shot, they would mostly all go broke trying to make that happen on public land.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i will go dvr it now. i have stopped watching a few shows because of it. i hate high fence shows.

ORIGINAL: =Jagermeister=

If you want to watch public land hunting on tv, then check out Eastman's Hunting TV (on the Outdoor Channel), as most all of their hunting is DIY on public land. They certainly manage to kill some big animals without the need for high fences...good, informative show and pretty entertaining t'boot.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:41 PM

bigtim...you need to understand a little more clearly. Uncle Ted hunts almost all high fence, including his own land. Lee and Tiff hunt private land that they either own or they lease and manage by themselves.

It doesn't take private land to make a realistic show or dvd.I do understand youpoint about wanting to see folks kill some deer that may include smaller bucks, does, or whatever.My company is banking on there beinghunters like you that want to seehunts like that cause that is exactly what wehave to offer. Yeah, we kill somebig deer, but by no means are all of them giants and we most definitely don't hesitate to smack a doeor two or three either.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, had to chuckle at that one... Uncle Ted is king of the high-fence hunt.

Lee & Tiff's land may be privately ownedbut at least it's fair-chase.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey bigtimm hate to burst your bubble but spirit of the wild is mostly behind high fences
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656
ButchA made a point in another post i thought i would share on and ask everyone opinion.
I did?

I just think it would be really cool to watch a hunting show where they show rub lines, scrapes, terrain, and the best spot to hang a treestand. Then they hunt from that same treestand and take a regular, common, 6 pointer.

No high fences.
No $5,480.95 (each) game preserves.
No guides.
No goofyness in front of the camera or do any camera tricks or massive editing and splicing in different scenes/times of day.

Quick Reply: why not on public land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.