Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I wonder why?

Old 07-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I wonder why?

I stopped in my favorite bow shop last night for some new nocks and I was spending time with the owner of the shop who is a friend.With the economy being how it is I was wondering how his bow sales are going.He said in general new bow sales were down.I asked him which of his manufacturers were selling better.He represents Hoyt,Bowtech,Martin,PSE,and Bear.Hoyt continue's to be his best seller.He is very puzzled by the lack of Bowtech sales,he is the only representative of them for a very large geographic area.They havn't seem to have taken off in our region the same way they have in others.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I wonder why?

GO HOYT!! j/k maybe people are hanging onto their bowtechs and using them for more then one year? just a thought
Old 07-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

That could come from many different things, economy, popularity, etc...etc...etc... Just like the guy that owns the shop closest to my house, he sells all those too but HE pushes the bowtechs the most (that is what he shoots too)...I also feel it has a lot to do with what a lot of the guys are shooting.....Example: A guy walks into the pro shop never having shot a bow before, he looks around and starts asking questions. The guys in the shop shooting and the owner all own and shoot"said bow"(enter any manufacturer), well that fella that hasn't ever shot a bow or been around them much or even the guy that hasn't bought a bow in 10 years and is out of the loop on what is the new hot bow is going to lean to what he is seeing tha most of.....Not scientific but it is what I have seen before, I have seen this happen with a not so popular (well known)brand and I was part of it!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

tsoc--I have probably purchased less in the last 4 months than at any other time in my life. If I am indicative of what is happening with our economy and the strains financially, then one could understand why people are not purchasing a large amount of hunting supplies.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bow shops seems to be very "cliquey" as to what is sold. I don't visit many proshops, but the limited observations I do make are that matthews & hoyt are bigger than BT around here.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my area, no one buys bowtech because the shopowner is a (insert colorful adjective here), while the Mathews dealer is the nicest guy you'll ever meet.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its the same way here as well. Our local shop guy is MATHEWS, MATHEWS, MATHEWS as soon as you walk in the door!!! He used to represent Bowtech, but HE says he couldnt get any service from bowtech so thats why he dropped them. Me thinks he wasnt selling enough and thats why HE got dropped!!

There is always gonna be a bowshop that is gonna push CERTAIN products on everyone, if I ever find one I will continue to use them! Sadly for me there is only two shops I can think of within a 50 mile radius!
There use to be a shop 15mins from my house owned by Jesse Broadwater. If anyone follows Hoyt he is a national shooter for them so that is what he would sell. He would not PUSH them on you when you walked in the door, he would work on anything you brought to him and not look down at you for it. I sure do miss that damn shop!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday night a coworker and I stopped by our archery shop, and the owner said that he is selling more bows this year than he has in a couple of years. My coworker even ended up getting a Bowtech Tomkat from him, and the owner switched him from a right handed to a left handed shooter because of eye dominance issues.
I did not ask him which brand he was selling more of, but he had more Matthews and Bowtech in stock than anything else. Funny thing is the last time I was in there he had quite a bit of Hoyt's stuff.