Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 dressing  in your camo and then driving to your spot >

dressing in your camo and then driving to your spot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dressing in your camo and then driving to your spot

Old 07-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: dressing in your camo and then driving to your spot

Sounds like everybodys already got it pretty well covered. I'd only ad that if I was to dress and then drive I'd be toasted before I got in the truck much less the drive there.

I'll wash the street clothes before I hunt, where them to the spot, take them off except under clothes and dress. One light weight form fitting long johns isn't going to cause trouble if you and your outer clothes are clean.

As far as taking care of any residue scent I spray down with Hawgs vanishing hunter while I dress at the site. I also gargle with the stuff. Once dressed and that's not all the way, I'm heating up fast.

One trick I learned was to put a chem pack over each kiddney. The difference is amazing. Ya get done hunting and then think, I don't remember being cold today.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: madvilledoc

I drive about 25 miles to my spot. What I do is dress in my normal hunting inner and middle layers, but throw on a outer layer (scent free washed) that I wear while riding in my truck and then on my ATV. Once I am at my spot (where I park my ATV), I strip off my outer layer (including boots) and put on a fresh scent free outer layer, then walk in to my stand. Beats striping down to nothing.
JMHO, but some of you guys take this scentfree stuff to a level that is OCD like. Sounds too much like work to me.[&:]
I agree with this 100%. Hunt high and keep the wind in your face.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i do not know about that i went through a scent kit everything but the laundry soap amonth so about 75 bucks a year but i still see it as the best investment

JMHO, but some of you guys take this scentfree stuff to a level that is OCD like. Sounds too much like work to me.
It's just another weapon in your arsenal. Besides a bottle of scent-free detergent costs about $5. We are not breaking the bank here.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it's cold man (I've got the same routine), but you do what you have to do to stay as scent free as possible.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:02 PM

Nothing I wear to my stand is inside my vehicle.
I strip down to nothing and put on the scent free stuff that I store in a scent free bag in the bed of my truck. Boots, gloves, underwear and all.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another option, I wear every thing to the stand, but my bootswitch I keep in a rubber made container. My jeep is used for deer hunting only and I keep it scent free. It's never driven for any other reason.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:03 AM

I'm with madvilledoc on this one.

When the weather is warm, I have a set of scrubs that I wear and when it's cold, a set of sweats. When I get to my area, I strip off the outer layer and put on my clothes from the scent free bag or rubber maid container. I also have a different pair of shoes I wear in the truck. The night before, I spray the seats with scent killer.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear my longjohns/baselayers under some scent free sweats for the drive out and then take off the sweats and dress into my midlayers and outers on site.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

alot of people seem to do it a differnt way

thanks for all the info guys
last year i had no proplem with stripping down but this year i will also be gun hunting in 20s or below so not sure i want to be in the woods in my birthday suit at 20
Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I drive about 25 miles to my spot. What I do is dress in my normal hunting inner and middle layers, but throw on a outer layer (scent free washed) that I wear while riding in my truck and then on my ATV. Once I am at my spot (where I park my ATV), I strip off my outer layer (including boots) and put on a fresh scent free outer layer, then walk in to my stand. Beats striping down to nothing.
JMHO, but some of you guys take this scentfree stuff to a level that is OCD like. Sounds too much like work to me.[&:]
X2

Quick Reply: dressing in your camo and then driving to your spot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.