Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Easiest climber to use? >

Easiest climber to use?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easiest climber to use?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easiest climber to use?

Anyone have any suggestions on the easiest climber to use for a beginner to tree stands? I've hunted from the ground and ladder stands for the last four years but this year I'm bowhunting for the first time so I'm looking for a good climber. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Easiest climber to use?

Ol'man Original or Grand. My exwife hunted, she was 4'10 1/2 and went around 110lbs. She could carry it, set it up and climb and was afraid of heights, if she could do it, anyone could do it.

I use an Ol'man Grand, a little more room and beefier. IMO, this stand cannot be beat for carry, use, climbing, noise and comfort.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

The Lone wolf sit n climb was the easiest I have used out of Gorilla, Summit, and Lone wolf.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh hell, I'll chime in with Summit. I love mine, my wife loves heres. They are all welded, extremely quiet, and VERY comfortable. Attachment is simple, just one cable for each piece. Get yourself a Summit and you'll be set for years to come.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I can only give you a recommendation from what I've used.....which is the Summit Viper.

Easy to climb with (though I'll tell ya.....it takes some getting used to going to extended - above 20' - heights). MOST comfortable stand out there (IMO). This allows me (I think) to stay on stand, longer.

Rob can attest to how quietly I can get ready and climb with this stand. It's really quiet. Make sure (if you go the Summit route) you get the aluminum version (if you can stand the $$). It shoud run you +/- $260????

Good luck. LOTS of great climbers out there!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the main thing to consider if you are transitioning to climbers and you want EASY to use is to stick with any of the "Sit and Stand" climbing models, like the Ol' Man or Summit Viper etc that allow you to RELAX as you climb. Any of the climbers more or less listed as "Bow" stands with open fronts require a much higher level of upper body strength and faith in what you are doing since nothing but your harness and upper body strengthis holding you from the ground.

Generally you can climb quieter in a sit and stand style climber too because you can bring the platform up with more control since you are sitting and looking down at what you are doing vs hanging on for dear life.

I still bowhunt out of the open face ones but I have gotten over the basic fear of heights now and am a pretty strong guy but it's am absolutel pleasure to climb in something like a Summit Viper or Goliath and the feeling of security from that bar is amazing.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never used anything else, but I find the LW sit and climb to be quite easy to master. It's very quiet once you get the hang (no pun intended) of it.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright everyone, thanks for the insight. I have some good ideas now
Old 07-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/
Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lone wolf hands down

And I have used Summit, I find it's not just climbing, but the packing in also. I like the ease of how fast I can get my LW packed and out of the woods.

Quick Reply: Easiest climber to use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.