Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OLD BOWS

Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 AM

Default OLD BOWS

I see every once in a while guys talking about a certain bow they sold or wished they still had there favorite bow. If you could pick any bow of days gone by, what would it be and why...Are there any old models that you would still buy today?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OLD BOWS

I think I still have all the one's that I have liked trough the years. Sold the one's I didn't.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not very old but I had a Fred Bear Epic extreme that I wish I didnt sell. and a Golden Eagle. Both were great bows.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

My three favorite bows of all time were the Hoyt ProVantage w/Carbon Plus limbs, Martin Firecat (late 80's vintage) and the Golden Eagle Hunter. I'd still buy any of those again today, even as dreadfully slow as the GE was. Few bows shot as well as those three did.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

The Golden Eagle Hunter, or my Old PSE Nova, first real bow I ever had. That was back when real tree camo looked like someonebarfed colors.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

My three favorite bows of all time were the Hoyt ProVantage w/Carbon Plus limbs, Martin Firecat (late 80's vintage) and the Golden Eagle Hunter. I'd still buy any of those again today, even as dreadfully slow as the GE was. Few bows shot as well as those three did.
I thought your Brack was the one that got away.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

These guys wouldn't know a Brack from a brick, so I didn't mention it. [8D] But yeah, I've been mourning that one ever since I let it get away. Can't get a new replacement because Jim made mine and he's gone to the happy hunting grounds.[&o]
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would LOVE to find a High Country Sniper in good shape. Man, that bow the the bomb back in the day. It was a wheel bow, so not very fast, but it would just stack arrows on top of each other. If anyone has one they want to get rid of, shoot me an e-mail.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

You just reminded me, kickin buck... I never owned one but I always kinda had a hankering to get a High Country Excalibur. So add that one to my list.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

These guys wouldn't know a Brack from a brick, so I didn't mention it. [8D] But yeah, I've been mourning that one ever since I let it get away. Can't get a new replacement because Jim made mine and he's gone to the happy hunting grounds.[&o]
LOL.

Sorry to remind you. I still see used ones floating around (made by Jim). I was thinking about putting skins on mine, but then thought against it. I just leave it as is.

Quick Reply: OLD BOWS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.