Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone cutting back? >

Anyone cutting back?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone cutting back?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Anyone cutting back?

I starting really cutting back last year. Hell i dont wear any clothes or anything anymore! Stick, string and leaf is my motto!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

i though about it yesterday
a cam to record my hunts this year
calls
gun or bow
something to drink which is about 1/2 gallon for the day maybe 1 gallon on hot days
blind if i ground hunt
something to sit on which i am a big guy which mean something big
a stereo to list to while hunting no just joking
a lunch
a flashlight to get to the spot at dark

i am sure there is more
i plan to buy a game Cart to help me get the deer out and my gear in quick and quite
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM

No, I just started hunting a couple of years ago. I have a few things left to buy. I noticed a nice kit at Bass Pro the other day with scent killer spray, wipes, detergeant, the whole 9 yards for around 25 dolars. I need to get that. I also need some enduraskin shirts and underware because I have found out that it keeps the sweat away and keeps you dry and less smelly also. Let see what else is there? GPS, compass,some non-insulated boots, and a waterproof silent jacket. Then I should be ready to go!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

walmart sells the scent killer kit for 20 bucks
ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

No, I just started hunting a couple of years ago. I have a few things left to buy. I noticed a nice kit at Bass Pro the other day with scent killer spray, wipes, detergeant, the whole 9 yards for around 25 dolars. I need to get that. I also need some enduraskin shirts and underware because I have found out that it keeps the sweat away and keeps you dry and less smelly also. Let see what else is there? GPS, compass,some non-insulated boots, and a waterproof silent jacket. Then I should be ready to go!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not cutting back, I prefer barebones hunting. I walk around way too much to carry around all the extra weight, don't really care if someone else carries their stuff around though.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've started buying books only from the thrift store. And only then when I can't find something at the library. I'm a book worm... novels keep my butt still in the stand.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The area that I've been hunting I just take the barebones essentials. Most days I just take my camo fannypack with me because it has enough space. If I'm going to be out there all day I take my backpack so that I have extra room for food, drink, etc.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope!!! I'm a big believer in being prepared. I hunt deep in really thick woods and base camp is a long ways off, so if I don't have something I need I do without. For that very reason I bring in a big pack loaded with everything under the sun.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer were being killedLOOOOONG beforewe started in on scent "technology" and all thesenew expensivegadgets. Heck I got to put gas in my truck to get to the stand! I carry my climber.....60% of the time, my weapon.....either rifle or bow, a big bad knife, grunt call in early bow season,skoal or levi garrett, and my phone in case something goes badand to take a picture of my trophy when I kill him. I don't NEED anymore than that. I will never be suckered into buyinstupid gadgetsbecause I know I can do it without special items.I don't buy facemasks anymore, I use the upper end of a long camo shirt sleeve, works fantastic. I would never buy a "gear reel", gimme a rope. I aint buyin a bow holder to put on my stand, I'm holding my bow the whole time. I aint buyin a deer drag or deer handle. Last year I wrapped vines around a doe's neck, gave em 5 or 6 good twists together and drug her out. Yeah it would've been easier with a caddy or handle, but that proved that I dont NEED one. We don't need most of the crap we buy. More gadgets mean more to carry, more to lose, more to drop in the stand, and more to toss in the garage when you realize it aint worth crap.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

This year is bare bones. Bow hanger, bow, release knife, and permit. Everything else is staying either in the truck or in the garage ( I hunt behind my house most of the time)[8D]
I hear ya BBM.....I've been carrying my bow and a bow hanger only for a long time (if you don't count the Binos on the harness around my neck). I've found I never need the other things.....but I, too, walk to my hunting spots.

Quick Reply: Anyone cutting back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.