Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Scent Control Product >

Best Scent Control Product

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Scent Control Product

Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Scent Control Product

I dunno.....Call in artillery??

Look, I didn't mean to insult you. I assume then that you use baking soda, because I just can't imagine that you use Tide for your hunting clothes.
I wasn't insulted Mobow. I wash my clothes in plain water and hang them out on the line or in some sort of ferns or small trees/bushes.

If hunting the wind were all that is needed, why do anything else??
People should hunt the wind, its 95% of your success I think if not more. The big mature 4.5+ year old bucks will never hang on one's wall not hunting the wind outside the rut. During the rut there stupid with one thing on there mind.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say keeping your clothes clean and hanging outside is a great start. The most overlooked part of one's hunting clothing is their boots.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The most overlooked part of one's hunting clothing is their boots.
I 100% agree Brett. Whats a guy do about his boots? I've used plastic bags over my feet and let my boots air dry when not hunting but I don't think I'm doing good enough with my boots.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm guilty, I use a scent free soap to take showers! Baking soda for the washing machine! I did kill a Doe last year after work with no scent control, just playing the wind... I'm just sayin....

On a serious note, it is a good thing to take proper steps for scent control as in showering and camo wash.. But that spray stuff is even more of a gimmick than the Scent Blocker clothing! Spraying your money away every hunt has got to get expensive?? But this is just my opinion, to each his own!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: mobow

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

The wind!
[/blockquote]You beat me to it Joe!!!
[/blockquote]

So then, you guys don't wash your clothes in unscented soap, or take showers w/ unscented soap before you go hunting, right? I HIGHLY doubt that's the case.

[/blockquote]Yes I do take showers but no I don't use unscented soap for showers or for my clothes. Geez what did people do 15 years ago when this stuff wasn't out?? Hunt the wind is your best scent control bar none!

[blockquote]quote:

There is no magic potion that will work regardless of what else you do or don't do.
[/blockquote]Right on!
[/blockquote]

Origianl:mobow
I dunno.....Call in artillery??

Look, I didn't mean to insult you. I assume then that you use baking soda, because I just can't imagine that you use Tide for your hunting clothes. But that IS scent control, yes? If hunting the wind were all that is needed, why do anything else??
Right on Shultzy. It amazes me the people that believe that this stuff even remotely makes a difference. And how can I say it DOESN'T? From repeated observations with and without it from the same stands in the same weather conditions.

I wash my hunting clothes in regular detergent and I bathe the same whether I am hunting or not.

When in the mountains, I sometimes go without a bath for 7 days straight, yet I have still been able to take elkor mule deer on that last day. Go figure.

I do however hunt the windeach and every timeI hunt. If the wind is wrong for that set up, I either go to a different spot or stay at home.

Save your money for something more worthwhile. JMHO

Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Baking soda

Old 07-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

But that spray stuff is even more of a gimmick than the Scent Blocker clothing! Spraying your money away every hunt has got to get expensive?? But this is just my opinion, to each his own!
Gimmick? Since Scent Killer can remove gasoline smell off my hands, I think I'll continue to use that type of "gimmick" for many years to come.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dog was sprayed by a skunk and I sprayed him down with my homemade scentkiller. It got rid of the skunk smell so you could say it passed my test . Someone mentioned boots. When I wear my leather boots I spray my socks, the inside of the boots and the outside of the boots. Then I step in mud, deer crap, whatever on my way in. Probably doesn't eliminate my scent but I am betting it dilutes the heck out of it.

Homemade scentkiller - 0ne quart of distilled water, one quart of hydrogen peroxide 3%, 1/2 cup of baking soda and one ounce of scent free (unscented) shampoo or body wash.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Gimmick? Since Scent Killer can remove gasoline smell off my hands, I think I'll continue to use that type of "gimmick" for many years to come.
And at $15/season......who's really getting hurt?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

But that spray stuff is even more of a gimmick than the Scent Blocker clothing! Spraying your money away every hunt has got to get expensive?? But this is just my opinion, to each his own!
Scent Killer is all I use, andhasworked very well for mein the past. It kills 99% of human odor molicules. I use the odorless formula only.

Quick Reply: Best Scent Control Product

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.