Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Scent Control Product >

Best Scent Control Product

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Scent Control Product

Old 07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Scent Control Product

Altitude!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I"ve usedWildlife Research and HS, both did the job.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

The wind!
You beat me to it Joe!!!
So then, you guys don't wash your clothes in unscented soap, or take showers w/ unscented soap before you go hunting, right? I HIGHLY doubt that's the case.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

doesthe silver xp have actual silver in it cause that is a different type of scent control than the basic scent control of hs.
Silver doesn't actually cover any scents up. It helps attack bacteria. of course bacteria itself is oderless but all the crap attracted to it is not. If i remeber right HS covers rely mainly on oxidation. where silver is used inadsorption.

But all can be effective if used properly.
Yes, the silver xp does have silver it in.....

https://shop.primos.com/pc-1124-120-silver-xp-scent-eliminator.aspx
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have tried several of the products listed. I think some can evengive you a negative effect, but for years I have used Robinsons Scent Shield and it always works for me very well.

Scent control is really an all or nothing thing. IMHO if you do everything you can to neutralize your scent you will have some very positive results.

There is no magic potion that will work regardless of what else you do or don't do.

Dan
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

im with MeanV...

other than playing the wind, theres nothing that you can spray available right now(i say this becasue who knows what they will come out with someday) and all the sudden you have no scent....if you dont have a full blown plan and regimend, you might as well not even waste the 10 or 15$ on spray because your still going to stink up the woods too much to see results.

last year i realized that....i can honestly say i dont know of one deer that winded me last season...i do use DDW, but ontop of that theres scent lok, sportwash, a sealed bin my clothes and boots go into, DDW showers, body whips and foams, changing in the woods and not wearing my gear ANYWHERE but in the woods...not getting sweaty...

yes, i had to get up about an hour or so earlier....but, i took my shower, changed in the woods, applied some foam to my hands and such that i know i contacted stuff with, geared up and sprayed down and set out, packing my outter layers and walking slower than my normal sprint...i was alot more comfortable and could sit longer not being sweaty, and what i did seemed to have worked....and yes i still pay attention to the wind and try not to cross trails etc etc....but, im in hill country...the wind is tough to play...and my deer seem to always come from the wrong direction and always seem to cross my trail...

just gotta find a "system" that works for you....
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

The wind!
You beat me to it Joe!!!
So then, you guys don't wash your clothes in unscented soap, or take showers w/ unscented soap before you go hunting, right? I HIGHLY doubt that's the case.

Yes I do take showers but no I don't use unscented soap for showers or for my clothes. Geez what did people do 15 years ago when this stuff wasn't out?? Hunt the wind is your best scent control bar none!

There is no magic potion that will work regardless of what else you do or don't do.
Right on!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 AM

i like the homemade scent killer, i didn't get winded when using it. i had about 15 does down wind at 30yrds, they did blow or run off. but they were a little spooky.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

The wind!
You beat me to it Joe!!!

Yes I do take showers but no I don't use unscented soap for showers or for my clothes. Geez what did people do 15 years ago when this stuff wasn't out?? Hunt the wind is your best scent control bar none!

Right on!
I dunno.....Call in artillery??

Look, I didn't mean to insult you. I assume then that you use baking soda, because I just can't imagine that you use Tide for your hunting clothes. But that IS scent control, yes? If hunting the wind were all that is needed, why do anything else??
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to hijack the thread, but is White Lightning still on the market? I had good luck with it a few years back. Vanishing Hunter was a good one too, but both are hard to find w/o ordering online.

I've never gone so far as to dress in the woods, but I do the scent free showers, sport wash the clothes, spray down with a scent eliminator, etc. Its been working well enough for me, much more than that and it seems like work IMO.

Quick Reply: Best Scent Control Product

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.