Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What sharpners for BH >

What sharpners for BH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What sharpners for BH

Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 PM

Default RE: What sharpners for BH

Hey bloodcrick, I use replacements but my father sharpens his. He swares his stone is the best on the market. I'm not sure of the exact name, but I know the words "Arkansas" and "black" are in the title.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you find out more details id love to here them Thanks
ORIGINAL: joshw020

Hey bloodcrick, I use replacements but my father sharpens his. He swares his stone is the best on the market. I'm not sure of the exact name, but I know the words "Arkansas" and "black" are in the title.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM

No prob, I'll see if I can track him down tomorrow and get the name of it.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

For replacement blades & regular 2 bladed (magnus type) heads, you can’t beat a KME sharpener. It is all but fool proof. I searched far and wide to find something that easily sharpened my thunderhead replacement blades, and this thing does. It has 2 jigs, one for replacement blades(of almost ANY type) and one for the 2 blade heads. They have a kit you can buy, or piece together your own. It is SOOO worth it.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ryan. Where did you get the KME ?? Do they have a web sight??
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

For replacement blades & regular 2 bladed (magnus type) heads, you can’t beat a KME sharpener. It is all but fool proof. I searched far and wide to find something that easily sharpened my thunderhead replacement blades, and this thing does. It has 2 jigs, one for replacement blades(of almost ANY type) and one for the 2 blade heads. They have a kit you can buy, or piece together your own. It is SOOO worth it.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kmesharp.com
Very simple system, very well made. They have a little video on their site that shows you how too. I went with the basic 2 stones, you can buy some of the finer stones to get beyond scary sharp. I ordered mine straight thru the website. Very quick shipping & service.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the web address Ryan Ill check them out.
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Kmesharp.com
Very simple system, very well made. They have a little video on their site that shows you how too. I went with the basic 2 stones, you can buy some of the finer stones to get beyond scary sharp. I ordered mine straight thru the website. Very quick shipping & service.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never sharpen my broadheads. I will only use a brand new, out of the package MUZZY (which is sharp enough)broadhead to shoot at a deer with. I will never shoot the same BH twice at a deer. That's just the way I am.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

can you use sharpeners to sharpen mechanical blades, because i brought mine in to a knife shop and they said that mechanical blades cant be sharpened because they are too small, its getting kind of expensive to buy new blades after every shot, if anyone has any info on the proper technique to get blades razor sharp that would be great too because i've tried the stones and can never get them to work very well
Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What sharpeners for BH

I use a diamond sharpener from wall mart then use the leather case it comes in, only takes about 5 minutes and any thing with good metal in it will be sharp enough to shave.