Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Animal planet video of buck fight >

Animal planet video of buck fight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Animal planet video of buck fight

Old 07-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Animal planet video of buck fight

I dont know if any of you guys saw it last night, but my wife loves to watch Animal planet and she came to get me to see this video. Two bucks were video taped going rack to rack for several minutes. I thought it was going to end up being the two locked up. The bigger buck had the submissive bucks neck turned almost 180 degrees when it got loose and bolted for the woods.

Then it showed the dominant buck who won the fight...and there was a problem. During the fight his front leg had gotten caught in his rack and dislocated it. This deer ran around in circles like a dog chasing its tail until it finally came loose. The buck that was so dominant was now a 3 legged gimpy 160" buck.

It was exciting, funny and sad all wrapped in one. Maybe they will replay it on day and someone else will get to see it but I thought it was fascinating to watch the brute power of these bucks, an then to see the loser run off with a sore neck and the winner lose a leg.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Animal planet video of buck fight

I was flipping through the channels last night and caught that video as well. That video must be seen to be believed. I have watched some buck fights, but that one was pretty hardcore. I don't know how the smaller one didn't get his neck broken (my g/f couldn't even watch).

Did you notice the big clump of white hair that went flying when the 3rd buck came in for a cheap shot in the big guy's arse?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

I forgot to mention that cheap shot of the other buck 3rd buck) shoving half his rack up the tail end of the dominant buck. Like I said...it was funny, sad, and awesome to see.

Im gonna try and google it or see if it shows up on youtube or something. It was a video that goes right up there with the buck beating the crap out of the guy who dropped his bow.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsuwT7bnnM

Have you guys every seen this buck fight. it is a pretty cool fight
[align=left] [/align]