Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opinions on Crossbows >

Opinions on Crossbows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinions on Crossbows

Old 07-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Opinions on Crossbows

Before I ask your opinions, I am going to give a view into what is happening. I live in Louisiana and we just elected a new governor, Bobby Jindal. Before a few weeks ago, the only people who were allowed to hunt with a crossbow were people who had a medical waiver signed by a doctor. Now, anyone can use a crossbow during open bow season (as well as primitve firearms during muzzle loaderseason, but thats for a different forum ).

The governor did this to try and get more people into the outdoors. The past few years, hunting numbers have dropped in the state of Louisiana.

I am kindof opposed to the new legislation.

My questions are,

1. If you are in a state where this has already happened, and crossbow hunting is legal, how did this affect the hunting?

2. If you are from a state in which crossbow hunting is illegal, would you want this kind of legislation to pass, or not? Why?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opinions on Crossbows

uh oh, i can see this one getting out of hand.[&:]
Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I agree. One of the main points of bowhunting is the challenge, and with this legislation passed, it takes away alot of the challenge. I for one am going to stick with my compound.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to use one,use it. I did for a few years. I then switched over to compound bow.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

It became legal here in Pa about 5-6 years ago. I don't think it has changed much of anything though. This includes deer kills, like a lot of folks thought it would. I hunted with one when they became legal, and killed about 13 deer in a short number of years. I have since stopped hunting with one. I'm strictly a compound shooter now.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: doc098

I agree. One of the main points of bowhunting is the challenge, and with this legislation passed, it takes away alot of the challenge. I for one am going to stick with my compound.
no i meant this thread could get out of hand lol
Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Use of the crossbow was once limited to the disabled in Illinois where I am originally from. It has since been expanded to include anyone 62 and over. I am unaware of any statistics or studies in Illinois or elsewhere which have indicated that expanding the use of the crossbow, including allowing anyone to use it,has had a negative impact.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Oh, haha. True.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

One of the main points of bowhunting is the challenge, and with this legislation passed, it takes away alot of the challenge. I for one am going to stick with my compound.
If you want a challange throw away the compound and huntwith Trad grear.

Seriously tho whats wrong with getting more people involved in hunting are you scared they are going to kill your deer?

If's thats the answer well the deer belong to the state and not you, the state gives you permission to shoot their deer through licences

If it is legal then it's legal and thats all there is to it. The more people bitch about crossbows v compounds v trad gear the more ammo the anti's have against us.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.