Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Sights

Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default G5 Sights

I can NEVER get the search function to work - it always comes back with "nothing found."

Who's using the new G5 sights? What do you think? I just got one w/a gift certificate I had from Cabella's, and before I open it, I thought I'd do a little reasearch w/my friends at HuntingNet.com. It was about $150, but I like the idea of it because it has the independently adjustable 4th pin, and the 8-position rheostat light that doesn't shine directly on the pins (which is the biggest problem I have w/my Copper John...the light "blurs out" the pins).

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 Sights

These sights are awesome. Definetly the best set of sights I have bought, and they fit my Drenalin perfect. A friend of mine also has a set and overtightened a pin and broke it, and G5 replaced the entire sight no questions asked. As for the light, it has the least halo of any sight I have looked at. The only thing I messed up with was buying the 5 pin sight and the light extra. The 3pin setup with the floating 4th pin was what I needed. Oh well though, it's still the best sight I have ever purchased and would reccomend it to anyone.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighCountry_BruteForce
A friend of mine also has a set and overtightened a pin and broke it, and G5 replaced the entire sight no questions asked.
That is the only thing I have heard bad about the G5 sights. A guy I know had one and he said it was very easy to over-tighten the pin screws. He said that the stuff they make the sight out of is to soft to screw stuff into and stripped out if you got it tight at all...

Other than that, they seem to be a great sight. I have not had one personally, but would definitely look into one if I was in the market for a new sight.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Snug definetly seems to be enough when tightening the screws. Over doing it can definetly break the pins or strip the screws. But so far I have never had a issue with stripping the screws, breaking anything, or having any noise from the sight itself. Two thumbs up for sure.